27. FIGHT

Jellybean Jones

     When we arrived back at the trailer, everything looked so different.

Jughead just looked at me, smiling happily. Two red and white fluffy stockings hung on nails in the wall, a small string of glittering lights were strung above the TV, and a tree that fit perfectly in the corner.

"What..." I smiled widely. "Fred Andrews got us the tree." Jughead explained. I look at him and hug him. "Did you do this overnight?" I wonder, still examining everything.

"Maybe." He said. I laugh. "It's almost Christmas," He says. "Want to write your list?"

• • •

I put about seven thins on my Christmas list. Because if Santa isn't real, I don't think my brother could afford all this. Since Dad is..gone.

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I blinked them back.

"Are you okay?" Jughead asked. "I'm fine. Um..I'm gonna go to bed." I say.

"But It's seven thirty." Jughead points out. I ignore him and walk into my room, laying on my bed and crying my eyes out.

• • •

'Dad! Please don't die! Come back!'

I woke up, tears still streaming down my face. I look down and see blood on my hands.

I sniff and slowly climb out of bed, making my way to Jughead's room.

"Juggie." I whisper. I say it a little louder and he opens his eyes, sitting up.

"JB, what's wrong?" He asks tiredly.

This is the second time I have seen him without his beanie.

"I had a bad dream." I whisper. "Come here." He says. I lay on his bed and he rubs my back. "What was it about?" He asks.

"Dad." I whisper. He looks sad for the tiniest second and then says, "Go to sleep."

I close my eyes and try to think positive.

• • •

The next morning I woke up at around 6am in my bed.

I sighed and got dressed. I hate school so much. But what I hate more is that Reggie guy, Cheryl, and Avia.

I put on my Serpent jacket and brush my long hair.

After brushing my teeth I tied a flannel shirt around my waist and walked into the kitchen.

"Ready to go?" Jughead asked. I grabbed a pop-tart, took a bite, and responded 'yes'.

When we entered the school, people looked, but no one stared. "Let's go to the lounge." Jug suggested. I follow him to the lounge and see Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni and Cheryl talking and laughing.

"Um.." I look at Jughead. "They are together." He says. I nod. I thought they hated each other, but I guess not.

I saw Betty walk in, so I went to say hi. Jughead held me down. "It's not the best time." He whispered.

Betty glanced at us and sat with Veronica.

• • •

It was fourth period, right before lunch. Jughead went to the Junior hallway and I was in the Middle Graded hallway.

"Hey, look. It's Wednesday Addams' baby sister." The voice I hate said. I slam my locker and walk towards him.

"What do you want, Fat Pig?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I just wanted to tell you that you'll have to go back to that orphanage. Your brother might be the next to die, and your dad deserved his death. That man stole money, so whoever killed him did the right thing..." I blanked out on what else he was saying clenched my fists.

"What're you gonna do?" He asked. His friends laughed. I look up at him.

"Are you going to punch me?" He asks in a baby voice. As I turn around and start walking, he yells. "Don't you run from me!" I feel weight hit my back and I fall on the ground.

I catch my breath and stand back up and turn around. "You do not want to push me, Reggie." I said angrily.

"Maybe I do." He shoved me against the lockers.

I stand up, again, and punch him straight in he face. I do it again and again.

'Die already!' I think to myself. I feel somebody pulling me away from Reggie.

Before I was pulled into the principal's office, I saw blood dripping from Reggie's face. He deserved it. I'm not being sent back to an orphanage. Especially that one.