25. HOSPITAL..AGAIN!

Jellybean Jones

I woke up in the middle of the night to someone talking on the phone.

I slowly creep out of bed and quietly walk into the hallway. Jughead was standing in the living room, on the phone, and all dressed for the day. It's only one am. So what could be happening?

"I don't care! You knew he was innocent!" He whisper-yelled to someone. Then he shut his phone off and I ran back into my room.

I heard footsteps coming close to my bed.

I shut my eyes tightly and waited, pretending I was asleep.

"Jellybean, I know you're awake." I hear my brother's voice say.

I open my eyes and he gives me a sad smile. "Who were you on the phone with?" I ask quietly.

Tears well up in my eyes but I blink them back. I don't wanna look like Jughead's dumb, overreactive little sister.

"Someone," He says. "You don't need to worry about it, JB."

I forced a small smile. "Go back to bed." He said. "Are you going to leave?" I ask him as he gets up.

"No, I'm staying here." He says and walks out. I shut my eyes and try to fall back asleep.

When I woke up I smelt bacon. I ran out of bed and into the kitchen. "Bacon!" I say and sit down as Jug puts a plate down. He sits across from me.

     After we ate, Jug walked over to me. "JB," He sat down. "We need to talk."

     I felt that same sad feeling in my chest. A lump formed in my throat. "About what?" I whispered.

     Jug crouched down in front of me. He looked up at me and I saw his watery turquoise eyes. He blinked back the tears, and started.

     "Please stay calm through this. Dad was sh-shot and, he..he is with mom n-now." He whispered.

     My eyes rolled to the back of my head and I started hyperventilating. "JB." Was all I heard, before darkness enveloped me.

•    •   •

Jughead Jones

No. This can't happen again!

I grab the phone and dial 911. After that I picked up Jellybean and tried to calm her down.

The ambulance came and let me ride in the back of the truck.

"What's her name?" A doctor asked me. "Forsythia Jones." I respond. "How old?" He asks. "Ten—I mean eleven." I correct. He nods and writes down some notes.

They wheeled Jellybean into a hospital room as she passed out. I followed after her.

A doctor stopped me. "Sir, you can't go past this door yet." She said.

She had glasses and brown hair and—

"Ms. Grundy?" I ask in a confused tone. "I'm sorry, I don't know you." She says and walks away.

'Why the hell would Ms. Grundy get a job at a hospital?' I think to myself.

I find my way towards the waiting room and sit down, yanking out my phone and calling Betty.

"Jug. What's wrong?" She asks worriedly. "Jellybean had a seizure, I need you and Archie to come." I say.

"What about V?" She wonders. I roll my eyes. "Bring her too." I say before hanging up.

I was waiting anxiously to be allowed in to see JB, when I felt presence near me. I look up, and see Betty.

I stand up and she pulls me into a loving hug. "I'm sorry, Jug." She whispered in my ear.

"You didn't do anything wrong," I say, pulling away and kissing her. "All I need is you to feel better."

She smiles. "Hello international house of nerds! Where's the party at?" Somebody yells.

I turn around and see Cheryl walking towards us, Archie and Veronica running behind.

"We tried to stop her." Veronica said. "What do you want, Cheryl?" I ask her.

She scoffs and crosses her arms. "I obviously came to check on my girlfriend's friend's little sister," she says. I roll my eyes again. "Keep rolling those. Did you find I brain back there?"

I was about to say something when Archie walked up to me.

"Did you guys know that Ms. Grundy works here?" He asks. A little excitement peered out in his voice.

"You're not cheating on me...at you?" Veronica asks. I hold in a laugh, and see Betty giggling quietly.

"Of course not, Ronnie. I love you." Archie says. They start kissing.

"Okay guys, not here." I say. Veronica gives me a death glare and I back away.

"Ahem," someone says. We all turn around to see a doctor standing there. "You may visit her. And please...be positive." He reminds us.

I put my arm around Betty's shoulder and we all walk towards Jellybean's hospital room.