18. G&G

It's been a couple of hours since the murder at the hospital and it was currently some time at night. Jellybean was asleep on the chair next to me, and Betty was leaning her head on me.

"We're never gonna be safe now, are we, Jug?" Betty asks, quietly.

"Doesn't look like it," I say. "But, hey. Sheriff Keller's investigating, and sent in cops from a different building in Greendale. They'll catch him."

The doors opened before Betty could speak, and Sheriff Keller walked in.

I stood up and Betty did, too. "Anything?" I asked. "Yes, actually. The Black Hood's mask was found on the floor somewhere. And, Betty. Your dad was found, next to it. He was dead, and his lips were blue. As well as other victims." He explain.

     Betty's lip quivered and she sat down, hurting her hands. "No," she whispered. "N-no." I crouched down in front of her, opening her hands. "Hey," I said. She didn't do much as glance at me. "Betty, it's okay." I try to comfort her.

     "What do you mean blue lips?" Veronica asks. "They were playing a game known as Gryphons and Gargoyles." Sheriff Keller exclaimed.

     "I've heard that before." Veronica mutters. "G-gryphons And gargoyles? Isn't that what Dalton Doyle died from? And Ben?" Betty whispered. I look at the sheriff and he nods.

     "You kids should get going to somewhere safe. Stay out of trouble." Sheriff Keller said, heading to his office.

      I shake JB. "Hey, JB. Wake up." I say softly. She opens her eyes and I take her and Betty's hands, following Archie and Veronica out the door.

•     •     •

     "Are you sure you don't wanna stay at my place? I don't know if your house is safe or not." I tell Betty. "My mom will be alone, then." She says.

      "Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping for a night for the two of us. Maybe I could've gotten JB to stay at Toni's." I say, smirking slightly.

     Betty smiles and laughs lightly. "I wish, I re-really do. I just don't want my mom to be next. I hope you understand." She whispers.

     "Of course, Betz," I say, learning down to kiss her forehead. "Be safe." I remind her. "Love you." She said. "Love you, too." I call as she turns around.

     "Hey, JB," I call, walking into her room. I look at her, passed out in the bed. I sigh. "I guess you are sleeping already then." I mutter and head to my room, falling asleep, too.

     The next morning I got ready and slid on my Serpent jacket.

     JB walked out of the bathroom and met me outside by my motorcycle. "We're taking this?" I ask.

     I nod and help her on. "Hold on tight, little sis." I say. She laughs and I speed off.

     Once JB got to her first class, I met Betty in the newspaper room.

     "How was your night?" I ask. "'Not so good." She says.

     "I found this," I hand her an old book. "G&G game book." Betty looks worried at first, but opens it.

     And that's when we start investigating.

     "Hey, Jughead?" JB walked up to my locker. "What's up." I ask while putting the book away, sneakily hiding it in the back shelf.

     "Since dad's not here I have to ask you," She sighs. "Can I go to the park after school to hang out with my friends?" She asks.

     "Sure, What time will you be back?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe six-thirty?" She says. "Okay," I say. "Only because I have a Serpent meeting."

     "Don't send anymore spies like Sweet Pea."

      "I won't." I say and we head to lunch.

      It was around six twenty-five, and Betty and I were sitting in the living room of my trailer.

     "So basically there are blue poison drinks in chalices, and that's what they're all getting killed from?" Betty asks as we pack up our stuff. "Yeah." We quickly kiss. "Love you." I say. "Night, Juggie. Love you, too." Betty says, and I shut the door.

     A couple minutes later there was a knock on the door. I open it and Jellybean quickly tried to walk by me. "Hey," i say, grabbing her shoulder to make her face me. I bend down and examine her face.

     No. "You've been playing the game?" I shout. "My friends got me into it, okay!" She yells back. "No, you are not playing it again, Forsythia!" I yell. "You aren't my dad—" she tried to say. "But I'm older than you by seven years, and I'm Serpent king. You aren't playing again." I conclude.