14. HOME AGAIN

"You're free to go home." The doctor said after putting my arm in a sling. "Thanks." I mutter as I walk outside to meet JB and Archie. It's been a day since I saw Jellybean after I was shot. Four days since I was shot, I'm pretty sure. And I know JB's gonna wanna find out who did this to me and try to hurt them, but she'll just hurt herself.

     We got to Archie's car before the dark night starting raining on us. Archie got in the diver's seat, I got shotgun, and JB got in the back.

     A couple of minutes after Archie started driving towards the trailer park—which is about a half hour away—I turned around to check on JB, since she has been quiet. I turn to find her sound asleep against the car door.

     "She's asleep." I muttered to Archie. "She must be worn out. Hasn't slept since you got admitted to here." Archie exclaimed. "Seriously? That's so not JB to not sleep." I say. Archie laughs and continues driving.

•     •     •

     Since I didn't want to wake up JB, Archie carried her in and set her on the couch. "Thanks a lot, man." I say. "No problem, bud. Call me or Betty if you need help." He reminds me. "I will." I say as he walks out the door.

     I open up my laptop and start one-arm typing.

     A few hours later it was about eight in the morning. I didn't feel tired, and I didn't plan on getting any rest either. I got five pages typed in eight hours with one hand. That's a lot less helpful than I already am.

     A few minutes later Jellybean starts screaming. I place my laptop on the floor. "No! Jughead, no!" She screams and sobs in her sleep. Then her eyes bursted open and she started crying.

     "Hey, hey. It's okay." I try and calm her down. "I-I'm sorry." She stutters. "Forsythia, stop blaming yourself. It's okay, I'm okay, everything's okay." I lie about the last part.

     I started rubbing soothing circles on her back as her cries slow down. "I-I really am..s-sorry, Jughead." She said. "You don't have to be." I whisper. "B-but you could've...d-died." She says. "But, I didn't." I say.

     The doorbell rings. "Stay here, okay?" I tell her. She nods and I head to the door. When I opened it, Betty stood in the doorway. "Morning!" She said and kissed my lips. I kissed back. "Hey, Betty. How are y—what is that?" I ask, referring to the bag in her hands. My stomach growls as I see the Pop's logo on it.

     "I got you two double cheese burgers, two large fries, and a coffee." She says, handing me the cup and placing it in my good hand.

     "You're a life saver, Betty." I say and let her inside. I look and see JB sleeping in a ball on the couch. "Is she okay?" Betty asks, worriedly. "Yeah, just tired. Have a seat." I pull out a chair for her at the kitchen table. "Such a gentleman. As always." Betty jokes. I smirk and open up the Pop's bag.