i ruined your family

Start from the beginning

"I met Hunter when I was five, he was a lot like you, Lucas. Cut everyone off when they tried to talk to him but he let me in. He let my be his first friend and that was the first step down a path I had no idea would lead us. We've been best friends since my seventh birthday, everything came crashing down when we found out we weren't mates. I was crushed, I loved him. He was everything to me. He was all I wanted to see, everything that was important to me."

Jennifer sighed heavily, "We kept our feelings hidden, it was the right thing to do but that was pushed aside when Hunter saw me talking to another guy. I was his, he told me that and even though I knew this would break both our hearts, I gave into the feelings. Hunter and I gave each other our...virginity." The boys cringed before watching as Jennifer ran a runny through her hair, "We started to date, we were so in love that we forgot that we even had mates to meet. And then Hunter met Amy and he cast me away, he avoided me. I thought I had done something wrong and then I saw them one their first date. He looks so happy, so at ease so I didn't confront him. I met Amy by myself a few days after their date, she was perfect for him. She was perfect. I started to love her, like my sister and I knew I couldn't ever take Hunter away from her. I just wish he had told me he had found her before I saw them together. It was hard, watching them fall in love and get married while I had to watch from the side lines."

Jennifer turned to Lucas, "Amy fell pregnant a year after we meet her. Hunter was so happy, he wouldn't stop talking about you. And then you were born and you were everything Hunter ever wanted. And you were my godson. Everything was perfectly fine until Amy started to get ill. It was even more scary when we found she was pregnant with you." Jennifer turned to Chris and smiled sadly, "She loved you very much, Christoper. Never doubt that. One night, Hunter had been so worried and stressed about the pack and his Luna, he went out. Decided to go out for a few drinks, he ended up having too much. He didn't want Amy to see him like that so he called me, told me to pick up him. It was innocent, just a best friend coming to pick up her drunk best friend but he was acting different. He was calling me Jen and was holding my hand and kissing my fingers like he did when we were a couple. I was selfish, I knew it was wrong but I didn't ask him to stop. I was in love with him, even after all those years, I still loved him with my whole heart. So when he kissed me, I didn't push him away. When the clothes started coming off, I stopped him. He had a family and I didn't want to break it up. I couldn't do that to Amy, to Lucas."

Lucas scowled, "But you did."

Jennifer nodded, turning to Lucas, "Cosima is your mate?"

Lucas chuckled dryly, "Don't compare my mate to your life."

"It's the only why you'll understand. Silas, Kimora is human and she could have been with any man. What if she was with Josh, they had a family but one night, she came to you. Everything you've wanted in the palm of her hand and all you have do it snatch it, even if it ruins lives."

Silas bowed his head and sighed, he'd take it. He'd take her in his arms, hold her even though he knew she wasn't going to be there with they woke up.

Jennifer sighed, "He was all I had, my parents had passed. My sister in a car accident. I wanted to keep him in my life because if he was gone, I would have no one. And when he kissed me, and told my loved me, I broke. It was all I've ever wanted, for him to love me."

Chris frowned, "But he did love you. He just loved my mom more."

Jennifer nodded, "I knew that, he was scared. He was going to lose her and I guess he didn't want to lose me either. He knew that seeing them together hurt me and I promised myself that when Chris was born and Amy was healthy, I would leave. I wanted to find my mate, I needed too. I guess he knew and thought being together would keep my staying. I was going to leave, I hated my life. Even if it was filled with the people I loved, it tore me apart." Jennifer brought in shaky breath, "I moved away after I found out I was pregnant with Silas, scared of what Amy would say. Scared that Hunter would refuse to be apart of our life's. He had his own family, me having evidence about that night would ruin everything for him. I came back after I found out Amy had passed. I had no idea Hunter had left so I was shocked to see the two of you at my door step. I was now a mother of a five year old, a new born baby and a two month old baby. I ruined your family so I made sure you were each other's family. You can hate me, but please don't hate each other."

Silas sighed, stepping off the of the sofa and pulling his mother into his arms, "I could never hate you, ma. It was wrong what you did but you raised me by myself, you raised Lucas and Chris by yourself and I'll never forget that."

Lucas nodded, taking a hold of Jennifer's hand, "You're my mother, Jennifer. I could never hate, might be rude to you but I'll never hate you."

Chris nodded, leaning forward to pull Jennifer into his arms when Silas had let her go, "I had no parents growing up and you were always there for me. You might not be my biological mother but you are my mother."

Jennifer smiled, sighing softly as she held onto Silas's hand and ran her other hand through Chris's brown locks. "I love you boys, so much."