that was amazing, call me

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - S E V E N

"Did you ever see a picture of your dad?" Kimora asked, looking up at Silas who staring up at the sky. After finishing their late date at the diner, Silas had taken her to the lake he had told her about earlier. And there they lay, looking up at the stars as they held hands.

Silas had laid his blazer out onto the ground, slightly guilty that the jacket was becoming dirty as it wasn't his. Kimora laid a top it, looking up at Silas instead of the stars.

Silas shook his head, "No, my mom made sure no one knew a thing about him. I'm sure she has pictures but she's never said who he was."

Kimora frowned, if Silas's father was Jennifer's mate when why wasn't he with his family?"

"Was she his mate?" Kimora asked softly, scared the question would upset Silas.

But Silas calming shook his head, "No, my mother hasn't meet her mate yet."

Kimora's frown deepened, she didn't know what she would do if she hadn't meet Silas.

Silas pulled his gaze from the sky to gaze down at his mate, "My mom was hurt that she had fallen pregnant with me, she was disappointed in herself. I mean, who wouldn't? She had a child with someone who wasn't her mate and I think she felt guilty. I mean, if I meet you and you had a child, I would have been crushed."

Kimora nodded, she would have been crushed if Silas had a child out there somewhere.

Silas sighed, "That's why I promised to never be with any other woman other then my mate. I wouldn't want my child to grow up like me." Kimora rose onto her elbows, looking down at Silas. She didn't know what to say to comfort because she didn't understand what he was going through. She might have lost her mom but she had memories of her. Memories to keep her going where as Silas had nothing. Not a name. Nor a face.

"I always felt as if a part of me was missing, I mean, I had nothing of him. I didn't know what I got from him, other then his hair and eyes." Silas sighed, "I asked my mom and she said that I got my drive for him and my fighting skills for him. She thought it would make me feel better, I did also, I asked her. But it made me over think, would he be happy that I was top pack warrior? Would he proud that I saved myself for my mate? Or would he feel guilty because he didn't save himself for his? Would he—" Silas was cut off by a pair of soft lips touching his and every thought left his head. Every emotion towards his father left his head and he concentrated on one of the most important people to him and in that moment, her with him was all he could think of and he was thankful for that.

[][][]

Christian groaned as he fixed his belt, before his gaze landed on the girl who was trying to find her underwear. Sighing, Chris pointed towards the door where her pink thing was sprawled across the floor. "It's there and once it's on, get out of here."

The girl scowled, pulling the thong up her legs before walking over towards Christian who was running his fingers through his hair. Trying to smooth out to mess. She smiled, trailing her hand up Chris's spine. "That was amazing, call me."

Chris chuckled, pushing the girl's hand away from her and taking a step back from her. "Look, I told you this before we even hooked up. But maybe you were too drunk to listen to what I was saying so I'm going to repeat it again. I only fuck a girl once and then I forgot your name and find another one."

The girl scowled, "Like I'm that easy to forget."

Chris rolled his eyes, "If you didn't notice, I didn't moan your name once so I've already forgotten in. And as I was saying, you should be leaving."

Flinging her extensions over her shoulder, she stormed out of the spare room in the pack house, thinking it was an hotel. Chris sighed, pulling his jacket from the bed and closing the door of the room and started to take a detour toward his bedroom before he went off to look for his brother.

Stepping into the room, Christian made his over towards his desk only to freeze at the sight of a locket atop his laptop. Walking towards it, Christian rose the necklace in his hand and gazed towards it with narrowed eyes. He didn't understand why there would be a locket in his bedroom. Before he could toss it aside as a reject, he placed the locket in his hand and opened it up only for his blood to run cold at the sight of his mother and father.

"What the fuck is this doing here?"

Shutting her locket, Christian raced out of his room towards his brother's office, not bothering to knock as he barged in only to freeze again at the sight of Lucas. He was bent over in the corner of the office, his head between his knees and his shoulders shaking.

Racing towards his brother, Chris shook him, "Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen? Is Silas okay? Jennifer?"

Lucas rose his head, his eyes red before they widened at the sight of the locket in Christian's hands. "Where did you get that?" He demanded out and Christian's hand immediately let go of the locket, as if it were hurting him. "I— I found it in my bedroom, why? Whose is it?"

"It was mom's."

Chris's eyes widened, "Then why was it—"

"I saw him, I saw dad."

That was the last thing Christian wanted to hear.