stay safe

C H A P T E R F I F T Y - E I G H T

Lucas smiled fondly, listening to Cosima tell him her recipe for easy bake muffins. "I don't add too much sugar, they make the cupcakes too sweet."

Lucas chuckled, "How much sugar, love?"

"Only half a cup! Don't forget!"

Lucas grinned, neatly writing it down. He knew Cosima would want to see it written down when he saw her next. "Yes, I'm writing not to forget."

Cosima must have giggled on the end because Jeremiah groaned. Saying how she was a little girl. Hearing Cosima's voice fade, Lucas pulled his cell away from his ear to peer down at the screen. Only to frowned when he read who was calling him. "Cosima, love. I'll call you back, Silas is calling."

Silas would have used the mind link so why was he calling him?

Cosima replied quickly with an okay before hanging up. Answering the other call, Lucas's eyes widened when he heard the sound of growls on the other end of the line.

He immediately stood from his desk, rushing from the office as he heard Kimora let out a chocked cry, "What's wrong, Kimora?"

"We— we were on the way home and we almost rode into his guy. A–and it ended up being your dad and Silas must really hate the guy because they're fighting. And I don't know what to do, Silas won't respond to me when I call him. He's really hurting your dad."

Lucas nodded, signing Chris to follow him before mind linking his beta and gamma. "I'm on my way, Kimora. Just stay away from the fight, I don't want you getting hurt."

Kimora chuckled dryly through her tears, "Yes, Cosima would be very upset."

Lucas nodded, "Where are you, Kimora?"

"I don't know where we are. It's a lot of gravel roads and farms, I don't know the area."

Farms and gravel roads? He couldn't exactly pin point where she was but he knew her scent and figured he'd catch her scent when he headed towards where he thought she and Silas were.

Lucas nodded, watching as his brother shifted, as well as his second and third in command. "I'm on my way, Kimora. Stay safe."

[][][]

Kimora threw her phone to the seat of the car and turned back towards the two wolves that were fighting. Silas was wining, the older wolf out of practice as he tried to block Silas's attack's. Kimora pushed away from the car, crawling closer towards the fight and slowly stood to her feet. Tears staining her face, she was scared for Silas's life. She was scared he'd get hurt.

She wanted to call out to him, calm him down but she knew if she called him. He'd turn his attention to her and the other wolf might use the distraction to take advantage of him. Kimora stared at the two, not knowing what to do. She was human, she could get seriously injured. Kimora cast a look towards her hands and her breath hitched, her ring shining lightly in the sun.

She was Silas's mate, and even if she couldn't help him fight the other wolf. She would protect him. Running towards the two wolf, Kimora jumped between them. [ugh, I hate when bitches do this. idk why my brain thought this was cute when I wrote this story]

Silas immediately stepped back at the sight of his mate. Whimpering slightly when he saw that her knee and elbow were scrapped from jumping between the two. Kimora held up her  shaking hand towards the older wolf, crawling closer towards Silas who had calmed down. The growls leaving him starting to calm down. "Stop, please stop."

The older wolf barked, shaking his head as he eyed the younger wolf. "Please, don't hurt him. He can't control his wolf, he would never have done that." Kimora muttered towards Hunter, hoping that would make the other wolf back off.

The older wolf started to calm down, his growls quietening until he was only breathing heavily. Kimora felt Silas walk up to her, running his head over her back. Trying to comfort her. Kimora turned her eyes towards Silas, watching the older wolf from the corner of her eye. She cupped Silas's wolf head, smiling softly, "You're okay, you're not hurt?"

The wolf snorted, whining slightly as he let the tip of his tongue lick at Kimora's open wound. "I'm okay. And you don't have to shout at me when you shift back, I know it was stupid to jump between the two of you but I couldn't wait for Lucas. I didn't know when he'd show up."

Silas nodded, trying to nuzzle his huge face into Kimora's neck before looking over her shoulder towards the older wolf. Who was watching him with narrowed eyes.

Silas scanned his appearance, he had dark black fur. The same as his hair and golden eyes. Silas would have raised an eyebrow if he was I'm human form.

Hunter's wolf was exactly like his own.