i need a breath from all this awkwardness

C H A P T E R  N I N E

"I have to tell her cause if I don't then I'll feel guilty but if I tell her, she'll break up with me and I don't want that."

"Just tell her, asshat. She's a cool girl, she'll probably curse you out, not talk to you for a few days and then come running back. You didn't even kiss Kenna, she kissed you. She might lose her best friend—"

Josh turned to his roommate, horrified at the idea of his girlfriend loosing one of her closest friends, "That's it, I'm not telling her. She'll lose her best friend."

His roommate pressed on, "What about the guilt? You'll have to kiss her and know she's kissing the lips you cheated on her with."

Josh growled, turning to glare at his roommate who was staring at the small tv they had bought together. A controller in his hands and headphones over his head. "Will you shut the fuck up?!"

His roommate chuckled, just as the door opened and Kenna came rushing in. Josh froze while his roommate smirked, pausing his game to watch the show.

"What are you doing here?" Josh asked as he backed up, away from Kenna before she tried to kiss him again. She was out of breath as if she'd rushed over.

"I just wanted to ask if you could keep this to—"

Kenna was interrupted by the door slamming open and Kimora strolling in. Her black hair were tied up in a bun, though her hair was to short for a bun and she actually had a half up-half down hair do. She was wearing a high waisted denim skirt with a long sleeved light beige shirt and her favorite worn out vans."I really need to talk to you Josh, in priv—"

Kimora froze as she saw Kenna and Josh standing awkwardly stiff in the entrance of his dorm.

His roommate laughed, his eyes sparkling as he watched Kenna and Josh avoid eye contact with anyone. "Hey, Kiki."

Kimora eyed the two before turning to the boy that greeted her, "Hey, Nick."

Nick smiled, running a hand through his ginger hair and turning back to his game. "You wanted to talk to me?" Josh spoke up first, looking towards Kimora.

Kimora shook her head with a small smile, "Never mind, it's okay." She'd talk to Josh later when they were alone. Changing the subject, she smiled, "I'm actually starving. Wanna head out for lunch?" She asked everyone, gulping when Josh smiled. His shoulder slowly starting to relax as he walked over towards her and leaned down to press a soft kiss against her cheek.

Nick nodded standing up and chucking his headphones and controller onto his single bed and walked towards the door, "Thank you for offering. I need to a breath from all this awkwardness."

Kenna smiled awkwardly, following after the couple and Nick. She trialed behind, bitting her lip nervously, thinking of how she could convince Josh to not tell Kimora what had happened last night.

[][][]

"Any girlfriends yet?" Kimora asked Josh's roommate a small walk later as they sat in a diner. Nick was sitting next to her as they shared a side of fries as they waited for her meal.

Nick chuckled, "No, I'm taking a break from girls. The last one cheated on me."

Nick sent Josh a smirk. The boy narrowed his eyes, shooting his leg out to kick his friend who chuckled. "Kidding, kidding." He turned to Kimora who had a sympathetic expression on her face, oblivious to Josh and Nick small exchange. Nick slightly nudged Kimora and smiled, "I'm just not ready to settle down yet."