i think the girls can handle a night without me

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E

Lucas tried to ignore his hue at sighing brother as he went through paper work by his desk. However, he couldn't seem to escape the annoying pest as Christian turned to him with a raised eyebrow, "What do you think your mate will be like?"

Lucas sighed, wondering why his brother was even asking him this question, "For someone who isn't very interested in finding their mate, you sure do talk about mates lot."

Chris scoffed, he hadn't even asking the question for himself, "I over heard Kimora talking with Silas in his room and she was talking about how you reacted to her shirt. That the scent distracted you. Do you think Kimora's sister is your—"

Lucas growled, not liking that Chris that brought up this embarrassing topic, "Just drop it, okay? I don't want to you hear about that damn day ever again."

Christian smirked, shooting up in his lazy position on Lucas's office couch at his brother's very irritated reaction, "You're guilty, I hear it in your voice. Did you apologize for nearly tearing her hand off?"

Lucas frowned, "I'm an Alpha, I don't—"

"Oh please, you're going to apologize to her. Just watch, even if it's a month from now, you're going to apologize."

Lucas groaned, "Why aren't you out, finding another girl to sleep with?"

Christian sighed, "I think the girls can handle a night without me."

Lucas rolled his eyes, shifting his eyes back to the paper work on his desk.

[][][]

"I think it's time to hit the sack, come on." Richard said as he swung the keys around his fingers while speaking to Cosima who was grinning towards a painting of herself.

"Thank you, Kiki! I fucking love it." Jeremiah said, looking down at the painting. It was of the three of them, "I'm going to frame it."

Cosima rolled her eyes, pulling her attention away from the painting towards her dumb brother, "It's a damn painting, you don't frame shit."

Jeremiah chuckled, a blush settling on his cheek before he turned to his dad. "I'm tired, let's go."

Richard rolled his eyes at his grown ass son and tapped him on the back to lead him out of the hall as if he were a small child.

Kimora looked up at Silas who was staring at a painting that wasn't hung up. "Why isn't that painting hung up?"

Kimora cast the painting one glance before shaking her head, tugging on Silas's hand. "It's nothing, Silas. Come on, let's go."

Silas frowned, pulling Kimora with him as he walked towards the stack of paintings that weren't hung up. "What's this?" Silas asked a boy who was sitting next to the paintings. The boy cast him a glance before looking back down at the laptop in front of him.

"Paintings the artists didn't want displayed."

Silas frowned, reaching down for the painting before looking down at Kimora who was blushing. "Silas, don't. It's terrible."

Silas frowned, "Why didn't you want to hang it?"

Bitting her lip, Kimora looked down at the painting Silas had displayed in his hands. "It was my first time painting myself and I'm shy, okay? I didn't think it was that good."

"Kimora, it's amazing. I love it, so fucking much."

Kimora grinned, brightening at Silas loving her artwork, "Really?"

Silas chuckled, a light pink colour casting over his cheeks as he asked, "Can I keep it?"

Kimora laughed, lifting Silas and her's joint hands to lay a kiss against the back of his hand. "Of course, I didn't think you'd like it."

"Anything with you on, I like Kimora."

[][][]

Taking Kimora's hand in his, Silas helped his mate out of her father's car. Shrugging off his blazer, he wrapped it around his mate's shoulders before leading her towards his bike.

Seeing them walk away, Richard frowned before raising his hands to cup him mouth and call out to them, "Where you off too?"

Silas tensed, cursing himself before slowly turning around, "Sorry, I wanted to take Kimora to a diner close to where I stay for something to eat, if that's okay?"

Richard ignored Jeremiah, who was slowly shaking his head, eyes wide as he stared at his father. "Sure, but have her home before it's too late."

Silas smiled, "Thanks, sir. And thank you for the evening and the suit, I'll have it washed and given back by tomorrow."

Richard, waving the boy off, "Don't worry about it, kid. Just have her home before one."

Jeremiah's eyes widened, scrambling to get out of the car and protest when Cosima slammed the door behind her. Grinning when she heard her younger brother gasp loudly as he tumbled into it. "Enjoy you night." She called out, sending Jeremiah a smirk as she followed her father into their house.

[][][]

Placing his mate onto his bike, Silas smiled down at Kimora who had this star struck expression across her face, "What's with the face?"

Kimora shrugged, "It's just... my dad's starting to like you and it makes me so happy and just...tonight, you were amazing."

Silas chuckled, "I figured my mate's parents wouldn't like me, I just have this dark look."

Kimora frowned as Silas started to tug on her hair as he looked down at her, "When I went to school, a lot of my teachers placed me in the group of the 'bad apples' because I had black hair and didn't show much emotion. A lot of people had dark hair, I don't know why saw me as bad."

Kimora frowned, "That's unfair and really stupid to place in a group without knowing you." Kimora sighed, "When I was elementary school, my siblings and I were judged a lot because we had a different skin colour. I mean, we were darker then the rest but I'm not that dark in colour. In this town, their wasn't much people of colour, everyone is so pale and then Kenna came to town in middle-school and people picked at her because she was darker then us and had weird hair. The only difference with her is that she stood up for herself and she became my best friend."

Silas had gotten onto the bike while Kimora was talking. Taking a hold of her waist, he turned her around so that she almost straddled his waist. "You miss her, don't you?"

Kimora frowned, slowly nodding, "She was so distant, tonight. And I didn't even see her much, I only caught glimpses of her and when I went to tell her we're leaving, she immediately turned to Josh and asked him for a lift when she saw me walking towards her."

Silas sighed, wrapping his hands around his mate and laying his lips against her forehead when her scent started to smell of sadness. "Her scent shows that she's jealous and angry."

Kimora frowned, "Do you think she's jealous about me being with you?"

Silas shrugged, "I don't know, angel eyes but a lot of it was directed at us. Didn't you say she just got out of a relationship?"

Kimora nodded and Silas smiled, "She'll he okay, soon, angel eyes, okay? She just needs to get over her ex and then she'll be so happy for us. You're her best friend, she'll be happy for you."

Kimora nodded, "Okay, I'll give her time. Come on, wolf, I'm hungry. Start the bike up."

Silas chuckled, leaning forward and pulled at the handles so that the bike roared to life and a loud gasp left his mate before she tightened her arms around him. "At least wait until I face the front, wolf!"