all I've ever wanted was kimora

C H A P T E R  F O R T Y - E I G H T

"It's pretty." Chris said as he looked down at the ring Silas had bought the day before. "It looks fucking expensive."

Silas looked up at him, "Yes, it is and don't touch it."

Chris frowned, "Why would you get her something so expensive? You going to propose to her? Because you know it's too early."

Silas rolled his eyes, "No, you idiot. I'm not proposing to her. It's a promise ring."

Chris rolled his eyes, "It's too early for that."

Silas sighed, "Chris, we don't look at love like humans. We love for eternity and I know that my love for Kimora would never fade or weaver. So I want to promise to my mate that I'll love her for the rest of my life and even after that, I'll love her. She is everything to me and promising that she will always be everything to me is something I want to do. Even if it is to early."

Chris sighed, "I guess I just don't understand."

Silas chuckled, "No, not yet. I wanted to spoil her also, she's been limiting her luxuries."

Chris frowned, "Why? Her dad's practically loaded."

"She's saving up to travel the world."

Chris nodded, before he's eyes widened, "And you're okay with that?"

Silas chuckled, "Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I mean, she's going to be traveling while you'll be here, being top warrior."

Silas froze, slowly turning to Chris, "Lucas didn't tell you?"

Chris stood up straight, "Tell me what?"

"I'm going with Kimora."

Chris chuckled nervously, "But..."

Silas sighed, "She's still studying, Chris and we'll probably only start the traveling in three years."

"What about you being a warrior?"

Silas shrugged, "I'll still be top warrior, Lucas asked me to look at other packs while I travel. Lucas wanted to put you in charge while I'm gone."

Chris frowned, "What if you come back and I don't want to give you the position back?"

Silas smiled, "You don't have too, Chris. All I've ever wanted was Kimora and top warrior or bottom warrior doesn't bother me. If I come back, it's to start a family here with Kimora, my mom and her family."

Chris frowned, "So...I'm not family?"

Silas chuckled, "You know you're family, you're like my brother."

Chris smiled, "Not sure if I'm supposed to hug you or not?"

Silas held out his arms, chuckling when Chris tackled Silas into the hug.

[][][]

"What are you going to get him?" Cosima asked Kimora who was leaning over the kitchen table, deep in thought.

Lucas watched the two as they spoke about something what wasn't very important to him. All he wanted was to see Cosima, even if she was talking about Kimora's date most of the time. "Maybe you should paint something for him?"

Kimora nodded, "That's a good idea but I want to do something more."

Kimora reached out, picking up an oreo from the packet Lucas had brought for Cosima. Lucas sent her glare and she sent him a cheeky smile before turning to Cosima and her eyes widened. "I know what to get him!"

Cosima smiled, "What? Tell me!"

"I should get him a ring or a necklace.""

Cosima smiled, "Why jewelry though?"

Kimora shrugged, "So girls will know his mine, I mean he already marked—"

Cosima rose an eyebrow while Kimora's eyes widened and Lucas tensed up. Kimora suddenly smiled, "Hey, Cosi. Can you get me a pair of sandals, I might head out soon to see what to get Silas."

Cosima frowned, wondering why she had to go but didn't argue and stood anyway. The door of the kitchen shutting behind her and before she could make her way up the stairs, she saw a pair of Kimora's slipper at the door and smiled.

She reached down to pick them up when she heard Lucas voice, "You and Silas are really bad at keeping your mouths shut."

Kimora's voice followed after, "Well, you should tell her!"

"She's not ready."

"Look, I've told my sister everything and because you think she's not ready. I can't and it's killing me."

"Kimora—"

"Silas told me with in a week of knowing me."

Lucas chuckled, "And you ran away from him."

"Not the point! We're closer then ever now and aren't you upset that Cosima isn't part of your other life?"

Cosima could see Lucas frowning in her head until she heard Kimora speak up again, "Look, I'm sorry. It's not my business and I shouldn't intrude but please, think about telling her."

Cosima pushed open the door, just in time to see Kimora pull her hand away from Lucas. Lucas sent Kimora a soft look, before slowing nodding. Kimora smiled, standing up, "Hey! Thanks for the shoes, Cosi. I'll be off, have fun you too."

Cosima nodded, handing Kimora the shoes before following her as she exited the kitchen before she turned to Lucas who sent her a small smile. "You want to know?"

Cosima shrugged, "I don't know what there is to know—"

"You were eavesdropping, love. I could hear you breathing through the door."

Cosima blushed, embarrassed about having heard before she froze. I could hear you breathing through the door. "Wait."

[][][]

Kimora smiled towards her mirror, running a hand through her straightened hair. She had wanted to do curls but she could never reach the hair behind her head since her hair was to short. She would have asked Cosima but she had disappeared off somewhere with Lucas.

Hearing a knock at her window, Kimora grinned and stood up from her seat at her vanity. Tugging at the handle of the door, she pulled it up and smiled down at Silas who waved her down. She smiled, checking her lipstick one more time in the mirror before locking up her window and existing her bedroom.

Rushing down the stairs, Kimora lifted her purse from the coffee table on the living room and walked towards the kitchen. Her strap heels clicking on the floor and her small family turned towards the kitchen door when Kimora pushed it open. "Hey, guys. Silas is here, I'm off."

Kimora laid a kiss on her father's cheek and ruffed Jeremiah's hair. Waving goodbye, Kimora walked towards the front door where Silas waited for her.

Silas eyes widened when he saw her and a soft purr left him as she walked into his arms. Kimora smirked, tracing the outline of Silas's dress shirt. "Why, don't you look handsome, wolf."

Silas smiled, "Anything for my little mate." Silas buried his face into Kimora's neck and laid a soft kiss against her caramel skin before leaning back and taking a hold of Kimora's hand before spinning around. His eyes scanning her body, they lingered on her long legs before trailing over her green dress until they reached her breasts and then her face that was covered in light make-up. He was still able to see her freckles so she must have had only a little mascara and some lipstick.

He leaned down, "I'm going to smudge your lipstick." He whispered, trailing his lips across hers and she shuddered. Wrapping her arms around Silas neck. "Please do."