i ruined your family

C H A P T E R S I X T Y

Silas was frozen, his eyes darting from face to face before they landed on Hunter. How could he have not figured it out? Their lives were intertwined before they had them.

Jennifer and Hunter were best friends, joined at the hip since Jennifer moved into this pack. Feelings could have gotten involved.

And Silas had always resembled Lucas, people always assuming he was Chris. Black hair and green eyes. He had always wondered why his wolf never hurt them when he lost control. Wolfs didn't understand love and feelings, they were animals. Striving to survive. All his humanity was turned off the minute his wolf was in control.

And the similar wolfs, black with golden eyes. He had had the same wolf as Lucas and Hunter and he hadn't even put two and two together.

And Chris. How they shared similar qualities.

They had the same allergies, couldn't eat sea food or they swell up. Always sneezed around feathers and got sick during the winter when they were kids. They were similar in every way yet they just looked different.

Hunter didn't know whether to be happy or upset about the news. He had no right to be angry, if he had stayed, then maybe he would have known both his sons.

Jennifer turned to Silas, her heart aching when she noticed how he pulled away from her touch, "Really? A mated wolf?"

Jennifer raised a hand to her mouth, tears coming to her eyes as she shook her head, "You don't understand." Silas turned away from her, his eyes darting towards Chris who had joined his side.

Brother. Chris was his brother, his blood.

Jennifer stepped towards her son, her hand shaking in fists to stop herself from touching him. "I didn't want you to find out this way, you have to understand, Silas. I never wanted any of this to happen."

Silas shook his head, chuckling bitterly, "What? You didn't mean to sleep with a mated wolf and get pregnant?"

Jennifer looked down, ashamed. "Silas, please let me explain."

Silas shook his head, "That's why I got so angry that night, you told me he was my father."

Jennifer nodded her head, looking down at her feet before raising her eyes, "Please, before you leave. Listen to me."

Silas hesitated, wanting to be as far away from here as he could be but he wanted to hear her out. The last time he didn't, he lost control of his wolf.

Silas nodded, eyes cast down. Lucas turned towards Hunter and took a hold of arm, "You should go."

Hunter didn't protest, casting Jennifer and Silas one last look before existing the house.

Silas turned away from the front door, walking towards the living room to take a seat. He couldn't lay back, his body tense. He was leaning forward, elbows on his knees as his hand shook.

Chris sat next to him, turning to him slowly. "This doesn't change anything, Silas. You've always been my brother, now I just know that by blood too."

Silas smiled, casting Chris a thankful look, "You've always been my family, my brother."

Lucas sat down on the other side of Lucas and smiled, "Brother."

Silas took Lucas's hand, smiling softly when Lucas returned the hand shake. Jennifer sighed nervously before settling down onto the coffee table opposite them. Her hand tugging nervously at her necklace.