she's my girlfriend so back off!

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

"You guys broke up?!"

Josh flinched, rolling his eyes as he watched his roommate jump from his bed, screeching. "Yes." Josh deadpanned, sighing as Nate sat down, tugging at his long locks of hair.

"Damn, when?"

"About a week ago." Josh said, jumping as Nate screeched again, "What?! And why am I hearing about it now?"

Josh shrugged, "I didn't think it was important to inform you."

Nate huffed, placing a hand over his chest as if he was offended before smiling, leaning forward and placing his face in between the palms of his hands, "So, how did you guys break up? Did she find out about Kenna kissing you?"

Josh tensed before shaking his head, running a hand through his platinum blonde hair, "No, she meet a guy."

Nate gasped dramatically before shaking his hands, "Oooh, Kimora's a bad chick." Josh rolled his eyes before fixing a hard glare on Nate as he sighed, "Why didn't you fight for her?"

Josh huffed, "What? Am I supposed I go up to the dude and be like, "She's my girlfriend so back off!"?"

Nate nodded, "Yes! I would have helped you beat his ass!"

Josh rolled his eyes, "You should see the size of that dude, Nate. You'd piss your leather pants."

Nate eyes widened, "You've meet him?"

Josh nodded, "Yes, we didn't talk much. He'd glare at me every time I came near him and Kimora. I think he growled a few times too."

Nate frowned, "Growl?" Before looking down at his hands in deep thought.

Josh snorted, nodding his head, "I'm sure his part animal."

Nate stood up from a bean bag he was sitting in and walked towards the window, frowning before shaking his head as if dismissing his thoughts and looked over towards his roommate, "I'm so confused, why didn't you fight for her? You love her, right?"

Josh sighed, "Of course I do, but she's happy with that guy."

Nate shook his head turning to Josh but he stopped as he saw Josh's longing stare. Josh looked up at him, "You should have seen her face, Nate. The way she looked at him, the way she smiled. I've never seen her smile like that, and her eyes, they weren't just brown anymore, they turned gold, caramel. He makes her happy and that makes me happy."

Nate smiled softly, "I'm glad you feel that way about her."

Sighing, Josh turned away wanting to end that conversation.
[][][]

Kimora huffed as she shut her bedroom door behind her and looked up at Silas who was sitting at her bed, watching her every move, his eyebrows knitted together in concern as he took in her flushed face.

Walking towards Silas, she settled herself beside him, "I'm sorry about my dad."

Silas rose an eyebrow, "Why are you apologizing?"

"He asks questions that he should know is private, and I didn't want to find out you haven't meet your father like that. I wanted you to feel comfortable with telling me."

Silas smiled softly, "Kimora, you Dad is only asking questions because you're his daughter and I am comfortable enough to tell you these things. Maybe I didn't want you to find out like that but I don't mind you knowing those things."

Kimora smiled, leaning up and kissing Silas's cheek, "Okay, I want to know something."

Silas rose an eyebrow suspiciously, "What?"

"It's about your wolf."

Silas tensed before slowly nodding his head, indicating for Kimora to continue, "So... I want to meet him again."

Silas immediately shook his head, "No, Kimora. It's harder to control my wolf in wolf form and I can't risk attacking you again."

Kimora frowned, sighing, "Silas, I won't be running away from you this time."

Silas shook his head, "No, I can't."

Kimora rolled her eyes, shifting closer to Silas and laid her head on his shoulder, peeking up at him through her lashes. "Please? Christian can tag along and if things go wrong, he can protect me."

Silas looked down at his mate before quickly looking away, knowing her innocent face would make him change his mind, "That's not enough."

"Then no kisses for a month." Kimora huffed, crossing her arms and pouting. Silas rolled his eyes, turning to look at his mate, "What are you? Five?"

Kimora groaned, making her arms flop to her sides and sighed, "Fine, but I won't ask again but I want to meet him soon. I want to be able to trust both of you."

Silas lifted his eyes to look at his mate and sighed, nodding his head and kissing her temple. Before lifting his eyes to look towards the bedroom door, "Your father's standing behind the door." He whispered in his mate's ear, chuckling as Kimora gasped, jumping from the bed and pulling the door open to see Richard leaning his head the door, his ear facing them.

Richard quickly straightened up, eyeing his daughter and her boyfriend before narrowing his eyes, "This door stays open whenever his here."

Kimora groaned, "Dad! I'm twenty-one years old—"

Richard huffed, turning on his heel to walk towards his bedroom, "But you're still under my roof so my rules."

Kimora sighed, leaving the door open and turning towards her mate who was watching the two interact amused. "It's not funny, Silas. Now I can't kiss you without worrying that someone's going to see."

Silas chuckled, "I thought no kisses for a month?"

Kimora glared at him, her lips twitching before she sighed and walked towards him and settled herself next to him again. "You're very funny, wolf."

Silas chuckled, "I know, angel eyes."

[][][]

Lucas sighed, running a hand through his hair as he stared down at a pack member's folder. Christian was spread out across a sofa in Lucas's office, bored out of his mind since Silas was with his mate.

Christian sighed, turning onto his stomach, "What do you think of Silas's mate?"

Lucas rolled his eyes, "I don't care enough to think much about her."

Christian rolled his eyes, "You should, she is to be part of the pack in the future and she is mated with one of your top warriors."

Lucas ignored his brother, scanning through the folder before Christian decided to open his big mouth again. "I finally understand why you've been avoiding meeting Silas's mate!" Christian excitedly shouted, sitting up on the sofa.

Lucas rose an eyebrow, closing the folder in front of him and tossing it onto a pile of other folders as he focuses his gaze on his younger brother. "And why is that?"

"Maybe you're jealous, that Silas is so much younger then you yet he found his mate."

Lucas rolled his eyes, "I don't need a mate, there is no use for one."

Chris rolled his eyes, "So whose going to make the next Alpha? It's not going to be me."

Lucas chuckled, "With all the women sleep with, I wouldn't be surprised if there are Alpha's out there."

Christian rolled his eyes, "You're quick to judge, I don't remember you being so innocent."

"I sleep with women to release stress, not for fun like you and I've slept with enough woman to count on my hand. You don't have enough toes for that."

Christian rolled his eyes, shrinking into the sofa, pouting, "I didn't impregnate anyone."

Lucas chuckled, shaking his head as he smiled lightly.

He wasn't jealous of Silas. He was happy for him but it just reminded him that he hadn't found his Luna yet.