i'm riding shotgun, bitches!

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Silas nervously tugged at his lips as he sat down on his mate's father's bed. He sat completely at the edge, Cosima's voice ringing in his head.

"I'll tell dad you brought a girl home and fooled around with her in his room."

He'd overhead the two with his wolf hearing when he first meet Kimora's family.

Richard stepped from his closet, sending Silas a tight smile, "I finally found one that might be your size. It was my wife's older brothers and he was quite big."

Silas stood from the bed and walked towards Richard, his hand reaching out to take a hold of the hanger only to freeze when Richard wouldn't let go of the tux. Following Ricard's gaze, Silas gulped as his eyes landed on a tattoo that was naked for Richard to see. Clearing his throat, Silas tugged his sleeve down.

Richard rose his eyes, "What does it mean?"

Silas sighed, he couldn't really say that was his packs symbol. "Since I didn't have any father figure in my life, I grew close to my best friend's older brother and it his family symbol. He took me and his brother to get the tattoo when we turned sixteen."

Richard nodded, "Your mother? What she do?"

Silas took the tux from Richard before looking up at the older man, "She's a nurse."

Richard chuckled, "What? She not want to be apart of the family business?"

Family business?

"Oh!" Silas chuckled nervously, "No, she wanted to study rather when be a part of the business."

Richard nodded, "My wife didn't want to study, her father was very keen on her being a dentist. She moved out the minutes she turned eighteen and moved here with her brother. The minute I meet her, I have up everything."

Silas smiled, "Kimora says she wants to travel like her mom, see different places."

Richard frowned, "Cosima wants to travel too, she's got the money but she stays here. To watch over her old man." Richard rolled his eyes, as if what he said was the most stupidest thing.

Silas nodded, "My mother can't wait until I move out but I can't leave her alone in that house."

Richard smiled, "You're not bad, kid."

"Thank you?"

Richard chuckled, "You better get dressed, boy. Kimora's going to throw a frenzy if she's late."

Silas smiled, stepping from the older man's room and walking towards Kimora's. Knocking on the door, he waited for a response only to hear nothing in return only Kimora's wild breathing. Silas immediately opened the door, dropping the tux as he rushed towards his mate. "What's wrong, angel eyes?"

Kimora looked up at her mate and smiled, "I'm just so nervous."

Silas's thick eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, "Why?"

"You're about to see most of my art work and I'm just—"

Silas chuckled, leaning down to lay a kiss against his mate's forehead, "Don't worry, everything's going to be perfect."

Kimora smiled, and Silas smiled in return, his eyes trailing from his mate's face only to freeze at the sight of her body. She was dressed in a long dress that was made of thin material. He could see her flawless skin through it and even though he knew other's would see her like this, his body burned at the sight of her. White flowers was sewed all over the material, covering much of her. It showed off the small curves she had. Her chest was exposed and Silas couldn't stop himself from laying a kiss against it. Kimora giggled, pushing Silas away and he smiled up at her.

Her hair was down expect for a few pieces of hair that pinned up with clips that had white flowers on them. She had no make up, except for a dark nude lipstick, mascara and a bit of blush that she didn't really need. Silas could easily make his mate  red.

"God, you're prettiest thing in this whole fucking world." Silas pulled Kimora closer to  him before kissing her forehead, "You look beautiful."

Kimora's smile widened, "Thank you." Leaning forward, Silas laid a soft kiss against her mate's cheek, "Get dressed, wolf. Or I'm leaving without you."

[][][]

Silas straightened out his button up shirt that fit perfectly, except for the sleeves that were two short but he easily covered that up with a blazer that Richard had found.

The dress pants couldn't fit him so he settled to stay in his black jeans and boots. Running a hand through his messy black hair, Silas walked towards Kimora's bedroom door and pulled it open only to freeze at the sight of Kimora who stared up at him.

She gulped and Silas's wolf senses heightened as he started to hear her rapid heart beat. Kimora stepped forward, "You look..."

Silas raised an eyebrow, stepped towards his mate and pulled her into his arms. Kimora smirked, her hands coming up to trace Silas's shirt, "Yum."

Before Silas could reply to his mate, a loud clearing of a throat was heard and both their heads snapped up towards Jeremiah who was glaring down at them. "No one fucking looks as yum as me." Jeremiah sent Kimora a playful glare before he turned to Silas and whole face hardened, "Take your hands off my sister and go downstairs."

Jeremiah was dressed in a suit and he had ditched a few of the rings that always decorated his fingers. His hair was tied up in a messy bun above his head and Silas shook his head, not believing what he saw in front of him, he cleaned up nicely.

Kimora rolled her eyes, deciding not to say anything to her older brother as she took a hold of Silas hand and tugged him towards the stairs where Kenna, Cosima and Richard were waiting for them.

Richard smiled at the sight of his daughter, who gave him a side hug and a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks for helping Silas out."

Richard sent his daughter a wink before he pulled up his car keys and swung it around his finger, "We ready to go?"

Jeremiah raced past everyone, hollering as he neared the door, "I'm riding shotgun bitches!"