is he mine?

C H A P T E R  F I F T Y - N I N E

Hunter waited patiently in the woods, frowning slightly in wolf form as he watched Silas push his mate into her house. He was still in his work form, hadn't transformed back because he knew Kimora would freak out if she saw the wound on the side of his arm. It wasn't big but it would he seeable had he transformed back. He didn't want Kimora to worry.

After Kimora kissed the wolf's head goodbye, promising to see him tomorrow. She took her leave into the house and Hunter tensed as Silas ran back towards the small group of wolfs that were gathered in the forest. After Kimora had calmed both wolfs down, Lucas has shown up. Angry that Kimora had interfered as she could have been injured but happy that no real damaged was caused.

It hurt Hunter to see Lucas look right past him. Hunter looked from the corner of his eyes towards Christoper. Who hadn't come near him. This was the first time he had seen his son in person. Chris was smaller then Hunter expected, he wasn't an Alpha.

Hunter was finally meeting his son.

But the boy didn't want anything to do with him.

Silas stood next to Chris and Hunter's eyes almost widened. Silas's wolf was bigger then his, almost the size of Lucas's.

Hunter's eyes narrowed, he needed to speak with Jennifer.

[][][]

Silas hissed, his hand gripping that counter he was leaning against as Jennifer tried to stitch up his wound. It was already healing, had stopped bleeding an hour ago but Jennifer wanted Silas to be patched up to speed up the healing process.

Jennifer sighed, "Silas, when I'm done here. We need to talk."

Silas rose an eyebrow, nodding nonetheless as he sat up, and placed a bandage over his wound. Watching from the corner of his eye as Jennifer packed up at her nurse kit. Once she was done, she turned to Silas who had his head bowed. "I just saw red."

Jennifer sighed, "Silas, it's okay to be mad at him. He left his sons when they were young but that doesn't give you the right to attack him."

"It was my wolf, it was excited about something. It wanted to be out and with my anger—" Silas raised his hand to his face and groaned. Jennifer gasped, grabbing a hold of Silas's hand, her eyes locked on the ring around his finger. "You're—"

Silas pulled his hand away from mother and laid it down on his lap, his eyes trailing over the ring. "I— Kimora was there and...I could of hurt her."

Jennifer sighed, placing her hand atop of her son's, "She is perfectly safe, at home. Probably waiting for you to see her later. Which you will not be doing, you're hurt and will heal probably during the night."

Silas rolled his eyes pulling his mother into a hug only to tense as the familiar scent came flooding his senses. "He's here."

Jennifer stiffened, watching with wide eyes as Hunter stormed into her house. Eyes wild as they locked on the two, "You hid something from me."

Jennifer's body immediately tightened it's hold on her son, her hands shaking nervously as Hunter turned his eyes towards Silas who was glaring towards him. Hating that he was upsetting his mother. "You need to leave." Silas spat out and Hunter shook his head.

"I'm not leaving until I get answers."

Silas's eyes narrowed, "We have nothing for you, go to your sons. They need you."

"I might be with one of them." Hunger turned to Jennifer, eyes narrowed, "Who is his father?"

Silas scowled, "How is that your business?" Silas could feel his wolf come to the surface, growling at the threat he saw across from him but he excited for something. Silas was still unsure. Hunter was struggling to control his wolf as well, his eyes glowing golden as he looked towards the two wolfs across from him.

Hunter body was shaking, Silas shaking in Jennifer's hold as they both tried to control their wolf. Silas didn't even see Chris and Lucas stumble into his house. "What the fuck is going on here?" Lucas yelled, gripping his father's shoulder, "You were not to leave the cells, you are not trusted by yourself."

Hunter shook his son off, his eyes not leaving Silas. Chris shifted awkwardly, eyes darting between the two. He still hadn't looked his father in the eye or uttered a word to him. Chris didn't want anything to do with him. Not then, not now, nor ever.

Lucas gripped Hunter's arm, "We're going, you have no business here."

Hunter pushed away from Lucas, "I have every right to be here."

Silas growled, "You better fucking leave my house."

Hunter ignored his demand, "I want answers and I'm getting them."

Silas growled, "We having nothing for you here."

Jennifer's eyes darted around the group of boys in her houses. Each one of them holding apart of her heart. Silas deserved to know, they all deserved to know. It effected all of them but this wasn't how she wanted them to find out. She wanted to be with Silas alone, explain everything to him but she wouldn't get that.

Especially when Hunter stepped forward, demanding out slowly, "Is he mine?"

Silas froze, his eyes widening. His body had stopped shaking, his wolf seemed to be quiet so he could hear what his mother would say. Lucas was frozen as well, Chris eyes wide as they stared at his father.

And everything seemed to be crashing down as Jennifer nodded her head, her quiet voice slicing Silas open like a knife, "Yes, he's yours."