i just hope they hook up at the end of this

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E

"Why do you think Lucas avoided Cosima?" Kimora asked, gazing up at Silas from his chest. After lunch, Jennifer and Lucas had been very eager to leave and Chris couldn't agree more, Jeremiah hadn't stopped glaring at him for calling him Jerry.

Silas has decided to stay, to spend some time with his mate and after Lucas had left, Cosima had disappeared to her bedroom before coming down to clean only to see everything clean already before she ran to hide in her room again. Richard had been the same, guilty with the way he was feeling.

Silas sighed, running his fingers through his mate's hair. "I don't know why he ignored her but I wouldn't blame him."

Raising an eyebrow, Kimora looked up at him confused. "What?"

Silas sighed, turning to face his mate, "Most of the people he has ever loved left him. His mom, his father and Chris almost didn't make it after his mother passed. I almost died in a lake and my mom, I guess he's pushing her away because he feels guilty about seeing her as a mom when he already has one. I just think he's scared to get attached to Cosima because if she leaves him, he might not be able to handle it."

Kimora nodded, laying back down, "Cosima's kind of the same, she doesn't get attached because she feels my dad might need her and if she get's attached, she thinks she'll have to chose."

Silas sighed, "I just hope they hook up at the end of this."

Kimora smiled, before slowly sitting up, "I'm going to check up on her."

Silas pouted, "But I was so comfortable."

Smiling, Kimora leant down and trailed her lips across her mate's who quickly rose his hand to wrapped it around her neck. Tugging her down, he deepened the kiss before allowing Kimora to pull away. "I'll be right back."

Stepping up from the bed, Kimora made her way towards her bedroom door before shutting it softly behind her when she exited the room. Shuffling from the door, Kimora made her way towards Cosima's room where she knocked three times before pushing open the door and making her way towards the bed where Cosima was buried under the covers.

Settling down onto the bed, Kimora smiled as she watched Cosima turn towards her. "Hey." Kimora whispered before a wide smile left her when Cosima held open her hands. Standing up, Kimora pulled the covers from the bed and crawled into the bed and into Cosima's arms.

"Talk to me." Kimora whispered, looking up at her older sister who sighed.

"There's nothing to—"

"I know that's not true. If nothing was wrong, you'd be downstairs with dad eating Cheetos and making fun of me and Silas."

Cosima sighed, "You'll be upset with me."

Kimora shook her head, "I could never be upset with you, I'm to forgiving."

Cosima smiled before looking up at her ceiling that was covered in glow in the dark stickers. "I've been feeling lately like something of me is missing and I felt so guilty about it because I felt like I was finding something wrong with being with the ones I love. And then you met Silas and seeing you with him made me so jealous, I'd feel upset when you said you were going to him and then I'd hate myself after. Because I should be happy for you but a part of my wasn't. And then Lucas came and I felt this connection with him for some stupid reason and while I was eating, I couldn't stop thinking about what would have happened if we actually started dating. What would dad say if he knew I was thinking of leaving him."

Kimora sighed, "Cosima, you've pushed every guy that was interested away because you're always worried about us. We're fine, okay? We're adults, I mean we're in our twenties. We shouldn't even be living with dad. You shouldn't be upset that you want something more."

Cosima nodded, "I know but dad needs me—"

"Cosima, I'll always be here for him. Dad said that I couldn't leave the house until I finished studying and I still have two more years to go. I'll be here for him so please, enjoy your life. Find someone and don't feel guilty about it."

Cosima smiled, "I'm not going to think about the what if's. I'm going to do it, I'm going to find someone."

"Lucas seems like a great start." Suddenly she smirked, thinking if a plan, "I'll get his number for you."

Cosima shook her head with a slight blush, "I don't know, he's not my type."

Kimora snorted, "Oh please, you couldn't take your eyes off him the entire dinner and I think he likes you too."

Cosima smiled, blushing and Kimora smiled as she watched hope light up her sister's face. "Really?"

Kimora nodded, a smirk lighting up her face.

Cosima smiled, "Okay, I'll try but you have to help me since you know him."

Kimora frowned, sensing a bit of jealously in her sister's voice. She was silent for a while before her eyes widened as she realized why and a loud laugh left her that Cosima jumped from her skin. "What's so funny?"

"That you think Lucas has a thing for me."

Cosima scowled, "He does, he wanted to talk to you—"

Kimora rose her hand, showing the bandage around her wrist, "Lucas did this to me by accident and he wanted to apologize, he doesn't like me, okay? I know he doesn't."

"How?"

Kimora smirked, "I just do."