you're weird when you're high

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Silas frowned as he raced towards the pack house on his bike. After dropping off Kimora at her house and then sneaking into her bedroom after, Christian had called him. And instead of his best friend being the cocky person he was, he was sniffling and he stuttered on each word.

After kissing Kimora goodbye, he was off.

Parking the bike, Silas leapt off of it and raced into the park house. Probably waking up members as he passed the rooms until he was speeding towards Lucas's office. Pushing open the door, Silas was surprised to see that Lucas was more distressed then Christian. Usually Lucas was the more serious one.

Shutting the door, Silas walked closer into the room. "What's going on?"

Hearing his friend's voice, Chris immediately turned towards Silas. Taking fast steps towards him , Chris took a hold of Silas's shoulders, "My dad's back."

Silas's eyes widened.

After Christian was born and their mother had passed on from child birth, Lucas's father had fled. Many people said it was the lose of his mate that drove him away from his children and pack. Silas nor Christian had meet the man that abandoned his family.

Before Silas and Christian could even understand the word hate, Chris felt it strongly towards his father.

"You sure?"

Chris nodded, holding out a locket, "It was my mom's and I found it in my bedroom and then Lucas said he saw him."

Silas nodded, making his way over towards Lucas and pulling him up. "When did you see him?"

Lucas gulped, "I was patrolling the territory when I looked across into the unclaimed territory and he was sitting there, in his wolf form watching me. I knew he was there long,  his scent had been everywhere."

Silas took a hold of Lucas hand, giving it a harsh squeeze that Lucas's hand snapped up, his eyes locking with Silas's. "Everything's going to be alright, okay? He can't reach us in here."

Lucas nodded, "Then how did he get that locker into Chris's room? It's just... he brought back memories. He brought back the pain of having too—"

Silas shushed him, "Why don't I make you a cup of tea, okay?"

Silas looked over to Lucas who gave a small nod of the head.

Lucas frowned, he didn't like tea but he didn't complain as Silas helped him up and sat him down at his desk. Once he left the room, he was immediately handed tea by one of the pack members who had probably heard Silas offer tea. Silas rose an eyebrow and the member blushed, "I promise I wasn't listening, Alpha's brother told me to make tea."

Silas nodded, taking the tea and turning to the office before he stopped. Waiting until the pack member left before scratching into his pocket for the sleeping pills. Looking down at it, he felt guilty. Shaking the thoughts away, he crushed it between his fingers before sprinkling some of the power into the tea and walking into the office.

Walking over towards Lucas, Silas handed him the cup and her frowned as Lucas gulped down the hot liquid. He shouldn't feel guilty, Lucas needed the sleep. If he didn't take the pill, he'd be paranoid the entire night.

It took about ten minutes before Lucas was starting feel the effects and his head rolled back. Pulling his head up was difficult for him but he lifted it up and gazed up at Silas. "I want to see your mate."

Silas frowned, his wolf turning as the Alpha spoke about his mate. "Why?" Silas barked out.

"I feel bad for hurting her, I want to say sorry."

Chris smirked, whispering under his breath, "I knew it."

Silas sighed, "Kimora's family having a big lunch tomorrow and ma and me was invited. You're practically part of my family, you can tag along."

Lucas smiled, "Aww, sure, we'll come along. Right, Chris?"

Christian scowled, "You're weird when you're high."

Before Lucas could understand what Chris was saying, he was out like a light. Turning to Christian, Silas motioned towards Lucas with his head. "Help me carrying him his bedroom."

Chris pouted, "Leave him here! Lucas's room is scary."

[][][]

Jennifer let out a shaky breath as she gazed down at her friend's grave. Kneeling down in front of it, Jennifer pulled her favorite flowers from her bag and laid it out neatly in front of the grave. Once everything was perfect, Jennifer finally spoke.

"I haven't visited your grave since Silas asked who his father was. I felt guilty and when I told him, his wolf went out of control. It was my fault, I shouldn't have told him. You should have seen the look on his face, he was disgusted with me." Jennifer chuckled bitterly to herself, "You're probably disgusted with me. I let him sleep with me when I knew he was mated but I just wanted to feel loved. And he made me feel amazing that night and when I woke up, he was gone. I expected it, he had a mate to tend to and then guilt hit me and I couldn't look at myself and then I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't tell him. I don't think I would have told him anyway, why would he want the child of some whore."

Jennifer sighed, "You should see your boys, Amy. There's so beautiful. Chris is a bit on the rough side but once he finds his mate, he'll be just fine. And Lucas, he's just like his father. Cold, doesn't talk much and an asshole but he loves. I saw him with my boy and your boy and it's amazing. I hope you can see it from up there, Amy because it's such a beautiful sight. My boy, Silas found his mate and she's so perfect for him. He calls her angel eyes and you should see the blush she gets whenever he touches her. He looks so happy when he's with her and fills me with warmth."

Jennifer rose her hand, brushing dust from the grave before speaking on. "I'm meeting her family later today and I can't wait to see my son's new in-laws." Jennifer smiled, "Wish me luck."