41

TYLER

     Alfonso took a few steps to his table, his eyes never leaving mine. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't see this coming, well, he should have known.

"Tyler? What are you doing?" He asked me, joining his brows together in confusion. "What do you think you're doing?"

The chaos downstairs could be heard very clearly, the sound of gunshots here and there.

"I'm putting an end to this madness," I answered him... "You're going to stop whatever it is that you're planning."

He shook his head slowly. "You never understood... Just like always... You were never into all this, the Mafia isn't for you Tyler... But you see, I'm ready to give you another chance, a chance to rule over Vino."

"I don't want it... This is pure greed, you know that the Bresforts have enough to take them through the end of time, why-"

"Enough is not enough Tyler... You should know that as a true Mafia blood."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Then I guess I'm not... Surrender now Alfonso, or I promise to shoot."

Within a blink of an eye, Alfonso grabbed the remote from the table. "Don't even think about it... I'll press this button."

My grip on the gun tightened.

"You know the damage it'll cause if I press this button... All mafias would know the secret to the parcel and the key... They'll find their way to Vino and a lot of blood is going to be on your hands."

"Sorry to break it to you papa, I've got more than enough Blood on my hands, your threats doesn't faze me. Either you surrender or I shoot you."

"Your own father."

"As far as I know... He's dead. He died a long time ago. I don't know who the fuck you are."

Alfonso gave a slow nod. "You have failed Tyler... You have failed me."

I gulped down, trying to not feel affected by his words. "Surrender or die."

"Even if you kill me now, you can't put an end to the Hawks... They're everywhere, they can be anybody... Some of your men, your mother-in-law, even your wife? Ricardo's out there, with his own mob... Their group is way worse than mine... They're like the old Hawks, they kill anyone who gets in their way- their motives are way worse than mine- it is only a matter of time before they find the key, and when they do- Vino would no longer be Vino." He said.

His words were trying to get into my head, but I was not ready to listen to anything he was saying- if I decide not to end this now, the Hawks would carry on with their crazy plans, but if I end it now- how am I sure that Ricardo's men wouldn't come into the show? Alessandro wouldn't want his dad to lose, he has the upper hand, and the parcel is in his possession, if they can find the key, then- we're all done for.

Maybe I could just focus on the now. Kill this man and hope for Ricardo and Alessandro's withdrawal.

"You can't stop this Tyler... It will happen... Vino is going to be ruled by one Mafia or another... And the Bresforts clan would be put Into slavery, you will be under the reign of another Mafia... Is that what you want? To be controlled by some other clan?"

"No. But I might as well put an end to you first, and then think of a way to stop Ricardo and Alessandro."

"If I press this button, it wouldn't be just Ricardo and Alessandro... It would be every other Mafia clan... Strong ones like the Frenzos, Hilliards, Bandwidths, black codes! And many other ruthless clans... Is that what you want? A Mafia apocalypse?"

"Stop talking!" I yelled at him.

"I know you know I'm right."

"You might be right, but I would never let you take over Vino."

A crook smile formed on his face as he pressed the button, dropping the remote on the ground. "You're in deep shit Tyler... A very deep one."

"Why did you do that?!"

"You're going to kill me anyway... Why not make things more difficult for you... Huh?"

I cocked the gun.

"I taught you better than this, Tyler."

"I know that, but guess what? Experience taught me better, and there's one thing I learned very well from experience... Whatever is Dead, stays dead." Without thinking further, I pulled the trigger, connecting my bullets with his face, blood splattered the wall behind him as he fell straight to the ground.

"Shit!" I whisper and yelled... Feeling totally awful, never did I ever think that I would ever put a bullet through my very own father's head...

The bastard pressed that button, which only meant that all other mafias are now aware-

The door to the office pulled open and on instinct I turned and aimed for the kill, only to find Aubrey, standing there with her eyes wide open like she had just seen a ghost.

"Tyler?"