19

19
TYLER

"Coming, I'm coming."

What the hell? Someone was banging on my freaking door, and Richie was nowhere to be found; who do I blame? I sent all my men away last night and told them to take a day break; I know that's crazy, in fact, too crazy, a foolish move, considering I have more than a thousand people aiming for my head. I didn't send Richie away; I told him to be close by. 

I just wanted to be alone, and I needed time to think of a perfect plan against the black Mafias.

I told Richie to hang back Incase I needed anything; although my guards and men weren't far from me, they were one call away when I mean one call away. Still in the compound, but nowhere around my own home.

It's just that they weren't at their usual positions, but I knew they'd be more than prepared to fight with the slightest sound of a gunshot.

My feet went down the round stairs two at a time.

Bam Bam Bam Bam!!!

"Seriously?! I said I was-" I placed both my hands on the door knob on both sides of the door, then pulled it open. "com-" I paused as I took note of the faces on my front door. "Mom?" I asked, my eyes moving down to the kid beside her. Max, my brother. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. "Did something happen? Where's Jullie? Is she okay? Did something happen?" I asked without taking any breath at intervals.

My mom just rolled her eyes and pushed past me; Max also came in, looking around, the expression on his face was unreadable, but I knew through his body language that he wasn't really comfortable.

Shutting the door, I looked back at my mom; she studied me with pure annoyance and a questioning look.

"Why Tyler?" She asked.

"Excuse me?"

"Why did you do it? You destroyed a wedding, killed two people, the groom and the groom's brother- wh- why would you do such a thing? such an evil thing?" She asked, disappointment soaking her words.

"Is that why you're here? You need to leave now; it's not safe." I retorted.

"Tyler, people are talking-"

"Let them talk!" I yelled, but I breathed after realizing who I was talking to. "Just go."

"Your father wasn't this ruthless; why are you different?" She asked

"Because I'm not Dad."

"Tyler, what you did was terrible! It was uncalled for! You can't just destroy weddings and kill people!"

"I did it for a reason, Mom; the parcel is missing."

"And so what?"

"You don't understand."

"I do! I do, Tyler, your father got himself-"

I cut her off. "Mom, please, I'm not having this discussion. Why did you bring him here?" I asked her, motioning to Max, who kept staring at me.