20

20
AUBREY

"Hi Richie, is Tyler in?"

My voice sounded a little bit cracked as I stood Infront of Tyler's mansion- honestly, I don't even know what I'm doing here; ever since Tyler told me to leave, I couldn't think straight; I was thinking of ways to make things right between Tyler and me.

The truth is, I miss him, and I was not ready to let whatever we had, go. If anything, I wanted us back together. I wanted Tyler in my life, and I wasn't going to let that stupid parcel tear us apart.

So fine,  maybe I hated him for what he did to me,  perhaps he left me in prison for a short time, but he wanted to release me, right? He was never going to leave me there in the first place; I was too forward; I shouldn't have stolen the parcel; if I hadn't, things would still be okay. Melissa and her husband would be happily married.

I just can't help but blame myself for their deaths, for all the deaths I caused, and I was going to look for a way to make things right.

"Yeah,  he's in... Come in," Richie replied. I walked into the familiar surroundings.

"Um, why aren't there any guards?" I asked Richie.

"Oh, the boss told them to leave."

I scrunched my brows. "Why?" I asked.

Richie only shrugged.

I took in a deep breath and walked to Tyler's office; standing in front of the large door, I did several breathing sessions, scared to knock, scared of what awaited me behind that door.

I took the liberty to let myself in. Tyler didn't look up from whatever he was doing on his laptop; I closed the door behind me and walked forward. Tyler bent his head low on his computer, his brows furrowed in concentration.

He didn't even look up once; the silence in the office was deafening.

"What do you want?" He finally spoke up; his voice held no emotion that could be read.

"I think we need to talk." I found myself saying.

"I think we don't." He raised his head up to look at me, his stare held no emotion, his features were intimidating and I swear, I was scared. Maybe I shouldn't have come. But I can't back out now, I must finish what I started.

"Tyler, I know you don't want to see me-"

"Damn straight." He said as he stood up, moved to his shelf, and picked up something that looked like a journal.

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry," I said.

His concentration was on the journal, and his hair fell to his face.

"Tyler, are you listening to me?" I had to ask.

"No." He said, still not looking up, something told me he was avoiding eye-to-eye contact.

"Look, I admit, I made a big mistake... I shouldn't have--"

"Save it." He said, dropping the journal on the table, folding his arms to his chest, and staring at me. "I don't want your-- I don't need your apology. What is done is done. You can leave."