Home [Chapter 60]

I placed my hand on Bellamy’s cheek; hearing those words seemed to block out all the bad that was going on around us. As I leaned in and kissed him, knowing that it would be short lived, I pressed my hips to his, wrapping my arm around his neck and feeling the intensity of the passion between us. It was no longer lust that brought us together, but love as well.

                I pulled back, a full-blown smile on my pink lips.

                My right hand throbbed as we climbed down the ladder, Bellamy first and me behind. As his feet hit the floor, I felt his arms reach up around my waist and he pulled me from the rungs of the ladder, spinning me slightly in a childish and playful act of love. As he placed me down, eccentric giggles erupting through me –perhaps a result of the fact we had survived Murphy’s torment- I saw that the tarp had blown open, and Clarke was shouting at the group.

                “Uh oh.” I said, having forgotten about her return.

                Bellamy released me and we walked out of the drop ship, spotting a large crowd around Clarke, who had recently returned from being captured by Grounders.

                “There is an army of Grounders, bigger than we have ever seen, on their way here, now!” Clarke exclaimed.

                “We have to leave, now!” Finn added to their argument. Everyone was standing around, trying to see what others wanted to do.

                Bellamy stood up to her, “We cannot leave, this is OUR home!”

                “The Grounders don’t see it that way.” Clarke argued.

                “We were sent to the ground to die, and most of us are still alive! We won’t find anything safer than where we are right now. We stay and fight. We are the Grounders!”

                Everyone was cheering for Bellamy; he had a certain leaderistic charm that everyone wanted to follow. Perhaps it was his age that made him seem dominant over the rest of us, or his confidence in his voice. Or maybe it was the fact he had just turned his own life in to save Jasper’s, and people respected how far he had come. Regardless of what it was, Clarke had a touch more reality to her argument.

                “Bellamy is right.” She started, “We may not find somewhere safer than this, ever… But we will die here tonight if we don’t leave. So pack only what you can carry, we leave as soon as we can.”

                She looked at Bellamy, who seemed stunned that everyone could turn the tables so easily. “I’m sorry.” She said to him.

                He made a face, “We can’t just leave.”

                “We can’t stay.” She argued, looking at me, “We won’t survive them.”

                I heard a groan and turned my head, my eyes falling on Raven. Her hand covered an obvious wound on her stomach, blood staining the clothing that covered it. It was clear to everyone that she had been shot; when Murphy shot through the floor one of the bullets must have hit her. I was surprised that she was able to walk, but her legs fell from underneath her quickly and Finn was there to catch her before she hit the ground.

                I looked at Clarke, “How are we supposed to leave with her?”

                The blonde looked at me, her eyes suggesting confusion. “What happened?”

                “Murphy locked Ava and me in the drop ship.” Bellamy said, “Since you wanted to give him a second chance, I damn near had to hang myself and Ava lost a finger.”

                “Don’t put this on me.” She argued, though she hardly knew the gravity of the situation. “We are still leaving before sundown.”

                I made a face, but knew that if everyone else was gearing up to leave, Bellamy and I couldn’t stay behind. We walked towards our tent, though I hardly considered it mine since the last time I had been in it, he had kicked me out. Still, some of my stuff was still scattered within when I had left in a hurry. I grabbed my backpack and began to stuff anything I had; though my belongings were few. We would not be able to carry much water, and the most important things were food and blankets.

                It would get both warmer and colder as we headed East; the ocean would be cold, but it would save us the dreadful snow. Rain would be more evident, which was in our favour. The ocean would mean many animals that could be caught, as well as plenty of vegetation. However, we had no idea how to get there, no compass, no map, no sense of how long it would take; one hundred and twenty miles was something none of us could comprehend. Chances were we would die before we ever saw the ocean.

                Swinging both my bow and my quiver over my shoulder, I checked to make sure that my daggers were located in all their normal places; at my hip and my boots. Bellamy had packed everything of his as well, but his face was sullen. Nothing could compare to the life he had here; his life on Walden was prison, but on Earth he had been free. Again, he was trapped between death and the unknown. We were losing everything.

                “Come on.” I said after I had wrapped my stub of a finger, staying strong. “We need to leave before sundown.”

                “After everything we built… All the blood and sweat we put into this.”

                “We can put blood and sweat into our next home.”

                “It won’t be a home.” He said, slipping out of the tent before someone came to take it apart. I left as well, looking up at the darkening sky; blues and purples filled my vision, like a beautiful painting.

                With Raven on a stretcher, and everyone carrying only enough gear, we looked beyond the open gates into the darkness of the forest. The gates had kept us safe, and now we were leaving that safety behind with the false hope for something better. The hoard of us began to wind out into the open, leaving us even more vulnerable than before. Bellamy fell into stride with me and I reached down to take his hand in mind; my good hand (left) brushed his and he gently took a few fingers in hand. We held there for a moment, but drifted apart within a short while. It was a gesture of being there for him, but it was not what he wanted then.

                “Home is where ever I’m with you, Bellamy.” I told him, hoping it would be of some comfort.

Sorry today's post took so long! I went for a run, walked the dogs I'm watching, and then spent the day with my boyfriend, and of course I had to get ready for my concert tonight :) Prism and Chilliwack! I'm wearing ocotpus leggings, a Def Leppard shirt that I cut up to have a ripped back and sleeveless :D My boyfriend hates the punk/grunge look but I don't give a fuck.