Light 'Em Up [Chapter 19]

Time was ticking down quicker than we were able to build the rockets. Everything was almost ready, but Raven had explained how the culling was to be done to the selected grouping when they were sleeping. It was murder, no matter which way you looked at it, and there was nothing we could do to stop it unless we got these rockets up in the air in time. That, and to hope that those on the Arc would actually see it and understand what it was; a cry for help basically.

                I stepped back from the finished supports, letting the others place the rockets there. They were angled at almost ninety degrees, but they held firmly and didn’t topple over. That was a good start, I felt. Taking a few steps further back, I looked up at the sky before they lit them, hoping that the Arc was going to see this. We only had this one chance.

                “Light ‘em up!” Raven announced.

                Everyone stood around the rockets, watching as the sparks flew from them. When they took off from the supports, shooting up into the air, I was convinced that this was going to work.

                I stood to Bellamy’s left, tucking in underneath his arm which was supported over my shoulders. His hand rested lightly over top of my shoulder, casual and yet I felt as if his words had been true when he said it would just be me and him. I smiled at the recent memory, then gasped lightly as the rockets burst into space; lighting up the entire sky as the rocket fuel kicked in, sending them through the atmosphere. It was a remarkable spectacle.

                “Can you wish on this kind of shooting star?” Clarke asked, standing on the other side of Bellamy.

                “What?” Bellamy asked.

                “Nevermind.” She sighed.

                Bellamy paused, but then replied, “I wouldn’t know what to wish for…”

                I knew that Bellamy still stood behind his original notion for not contacting the Arc, but today he had come a long way in helping any way he could to do exactly that. It was for the working people that would be culled if we hadn’t done what we had done. The rockets had been a brilliant idea, though I was unsure if they would matter. Even if they were seen, what would the Arc think? Surely they couldn’t send everyone down just like that…

                I wondered who would make it, and who would remain on the Arc if it came down to that. My mind was always on the future, and rarely could I just enjoy the present. With Bellamy’s arm around me, holding me close to his perfect body, I should have been enjoying the time with him while we still had it. But instead I was thinking about everything else; a bad habit of mine. If the people on the Arc came down, would things be the same? What would happen to Bellamy? Surely they wouldn’t overlook his crimes, and they wouldn’t overlook everyone’s crimes either, even though Jaha had said they would.

                People here had stolen, assaulted people, murdered too. Perhaps the petty crimes like theft would be pardoned, but I had a feeling some others wouldn’t. But Earth was large; couldn’t we all live apart from each other? I imagined, foolishly, leaving this place with just Bellamy, starting off anew some place where no one could find us.

                But we were needed here, at least for now.

                “Let’s get out of here.” Bellamy whispered in my ear.

                My hand slipped into his as I followed along behind him through the crowd of bewildered teenagers, all gazing up at the sky as the rockets faded into the darkness. But my eyes were locked on Bellamy, trailing up his strong arm and gazing over his body as we neared his tent. Last time that we had been together, it had been far from camp, and no one would have known. But now, in front of all these eyes, he brought me to his tent. Holding open the door, I stepped in; observing the tent, I found that it was far larger than anyone’s, and Bellamy didn’t even share it with anyone else.

                Once we were secluded from the rest of the group, Bellamy was quick to place his lips to mine. I kissed back without hesitation, raising my arms as he lifted my shirt over from my head. He studied my body briefly, knowing that he would have plenty of time for that later, and reached his hands around to unclasp my bra. Clothing was removed with remarkable speed and I deftly wrapped my legs around Bellamy’s hips; his excitement unhidden.

                There was nothing to lean back against, but Bellamy’s strong arm wrapped around the small of my back, pushing my upper body flush against him. His other hand was gripping my thigh, holding my up firmly. He lifted me just enough to enter me, and lowered me down on him. A gasp slipped from my lips, and I began to kiss at his neck, running my hands through his hair. With my lips on his skin, and his hands on my body, I felt one with him again. Perfect bliss.

                I kept quiet, not wanting to disturb anyone who could hear us through the tent; it was courtesy. Bellamy lowered me to the soft ground of his tent, which seemed to have more padding than my own. Underneath his large body, I arched my back, raising my hands over my head and clutching at the fabric below me. Bellamy’s hands trailed along my entire body, as if trying to feel all of me at one time. He caressed my breasts lightly at first, intensifying his grip as we both came closer to climax.

                When that was reached, Bellamy flopped down next to me, his hand over my stomach almost protectively. I cherished his warmth, breathing heavily, and turned into his, nuzzling my head into his muscular chest. His arm fell around my body, holding me firmly against him as he rested his head beside mine.

                His taste lingered on my being.

                I wondered how long this could last.

Trying to keep up with all these dedications I owe is going to make this story never ending! If this continues (not complaining, I love it, truly) I will probably only dedicate to those who comment or personal message, otherwise I will have to neglect some when the story comes to an end. Hopefully that is incentive for you guys to message me? =D