I'm Your Tonight [Chapter 32]

Restless as I had been in ages, I lied on a log with my hands underneath my head and my knees propped up. I shook my foot restlessly, as if it could make time fly by faster. If Dax returned to camp, I would know that it was over, that Bellamy was gone. But if Bellamy returned, chances are it would mean that he had stopped Dax, and probably killed him. Since our trial system was not very sustainable at camp, Bellamy would want to kill Dax without the stigma of being the vicious leader again.

                I had no qualms with him killing Dax.

                The stars were out; they looked so different from down here than they did on the Arc. Actually, the memories that I had of the Arc were slowly dissipating, leaving a void that could be filled with all the new memories of Earth. The beauty of the place could mask the evil that it harboured. The evil that was slowly killing us whether it be poison fog, Grounders, or one of our own.

                As that thought steered it way into my mind again, I rolled onto my side and forced my eyes shut, trying to get some rest. The crackle of the fire, and the light chit chat of those coming down from their high was not enough to distract me from the thought of never seeing Bellamy ever again. It felt as though someone had put a heavy weight on my chest, I couldn’t remove it, stand up, or do anything. That weight was no knowing if Bellamy would return.

                I opened my eyes to the sound of breathing close to me; Nova.

                “He’s not back yet.” I said simply.

                “You cannot mope about this.” She said, “Not forever.”

                “We’ll die soon enough, forever won’t be that long anyways.”

                “I’m surprised we have lasted this long, you shouldn’t get attached to people.” A light smirk on her lips proved that she was joking.

                “Nova, I haven’t trusted someone in years; I’ve always had trust issues and being thrown down to Earth with hardly anyone I know didn’t help that.”

                “Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear.” She said swiftly, her eyes looking beyond me.

                I threw myself upwards, my eyes bolting towards the entrance of the camp where Bellamy and Clarke stood; unharmed and armed. Both Clarke and Bellamy held a bundle of rifles, dark black and sleek looking in the brilliant moonlight. But in the moonlight there was nothing more amazing than the site of seeing Bellamy Blake. I rose to my feet, ignoring the pain in my ankle –which had been slowly subsiding- and walked slowly towards Bellamy; it all felt like a dream and I was unsure if he was really in front of me. How could he be?

                I was only a few feet from him when his eyes fell upon my presence. For the first time in a while, I felt shy around him. Always I had been assertive and even aggressive as if to hold up some image, but Bellamy had gotten past those barriers and I no longer needed to uphold anything. With him in front of me, like a ghost, I felt my heart flutter and flip.

                But my stomach churned in fear as well; was he going to forgive me for supporting Octavia? Was he going to freak out when he discovered that Lincoln was gone? We hadn’t parted on a good note, but I had some leverage at least; knowing that Dax had been out there after him had made me think about how I wished I had treated Bellamy, and I would change the world to fix whatever we were.

                “Bell…” I started.

                Bellamy put the guns to the ground below and walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me high in the air, squeezing tightly. He continued to hold me tight even after he had lowered me back to my feet, but planted his lips to mine in a perfectly blissful kiss. The kiss said so much more than I could even begin to grasp, but I felt the questions and thoughts fall from my mind as I melted into that kiss.

                “I thought… Dax?” I couldn’t figure out how to talk just yet, my mind still dizzy from the events.

                Bellamy’s lips tightened and his eyes darkened, “We don’t have to worry about him anymore.”

                I nodded.

                “How did you know?” He asked.

                “I heard someone, some guard talking on the radio, telling him to kill you.” I explained, “But I didn’t know it was Dax until he had already left after you.”

                Bellamy nodded, “I know exactly what guard it was.”

                “The one who gave you gun to kill Jaha.” I could put the pieces together.

                “I got you something.” Bellamy said, on another note.

                I cocked my head to the side, watching as he stepped back near the guns, moving them aside and pulling out a bow; there were no arrows but the bow was in pretty good shape. It’s slender and dark curve suggested that it was Grounder made, and that they hadn’t found it with the guns.

                “How did you get this?”

                “Found it when I was recovering from the hallucinations, on our way back.” He nodded back towards Clarke who was telling the group that the guns needed to be used with care and caution, and only select people would be given them.

                “Must have been lost be a Grounder.” I concluded.

                “No arrows, but those can be made. Figured it would give you something to do while you healed up.”

                “Why give this to me?” I asked, “I can’t shoot an arrow. I’d be better off with a gun.”

                “I noticed you looking at the makeshift one someone made when we were searching for Octavia.” He told me. “Octavia, she’s safe?”

                “Yes,” I started, worried that he would want to ask about Lincoln. That was something I didn’t want to explain to him. “Me, her, Nova, Raven and Finn weren’t eating the nuts.”

                “I’ll have to thank you then, for keeping everything under control.”

                “I know a few ways that you can do that.” I said, pressing my hand gently to his chest and trailing my hand downwards until I reached his belt loops. I tucked my fingers into one of the loops and pulled him closer to me.

                Bellamy chuckled and smirked lightly, “I’m yours tonight.”

                “Just tonight?” I asked cautiously.

                “For as long as you have use of me.”

                I looked into his big eyes and studied them for a moment, “Is something wrong?”

                He shook his head, “Not anymore.”

                Just as he took my lips with his once again, falling into him slightly, the moment was sabotaged by Miller announcing to everyone that the Grounder was gone.

                I saw fire in Bellamy’s eyes for a brief moment.

Please comment guys, I really need the motivation!