Little Talks [Chapter 50]

My slender and scraped up hand pushed aside the tarp as I slipped into the tent Bellamy and I shared. It was a mess, dirt had been tracked in and the blankets were skewed, but Bellamy was there and it all seemed perfect in my eyes. I pulled my shirt over my head, my ribs showing more than I would have liked; back on the Arc I had never been heavy, but I had enough meat on my bones that you couldn't see my bones. Though, I had been from a shadier station and was not fed as much as those from Phoenix.

                I removed the rest of my clothing, Bellamy watching me the whole time from his position on the floor of the tent. I could see that he was excited just watching me, and I swiftly straddled his hips, kissing at his neck playfully. Tiredness that had been upon the both of us seemed to wash away; now that Bellamy had overcome the worst of his sickness, he had enough energy to have sex; still I decided to be on top, letting him relax.

                My tongue followed the curve of his ear as I lowered my hips onto his; feeling him within me brought a soft gasp from my lips, though I stayed as quiet as possible. People were still up and walking just outside our tent, though that never seemed to stop us. Slowly, I began to lift my body up from his shaft, then lowered back down again. I remained slow moving for some time, savouring Bellamy as I never had before; we always seemed so rushed, but now I felt as though I had all the time in the world to take all of him in.

                My tongue slithered over his lip before I leaned in for a deep kiss, our tongues brushing against one another just as our bodies were; mimicking the actions. My hips lifted faster now, and I curved my body over Bellamy to allow for even more movement between us whilst still being as close to him as possible. My breasts pressed against his toned chest and our bodies became slick with sweat. A moan slipped my lips as I dug my nails into his skin and his own hands caressed my body. Pleasure washed over me like an ocean wave and Bellamy released as well.

                Flopping onto my back, I sighed heavily in ecstasy.

                After a few moments of relaxing, Bellamy struck up conversation. I knew I was going to have to talk to him about meeting with Bjorn to figure some things out, but I was glad he spoke first and put off the topic that I didn't want to discuss.

                "You won't get... you know, pregnant, after all these times, will you?" He sounded shy in the darkness.

                I chuckled, "I've learned my body well enough to know when I am ovulating; so long as we don't have sex then or around that time, I will be fine."

                "Oh, that's good..."

                "And luckily for us, that was happening when I was at the Grounder camp."

                I could feel Bellamy tense at the memory.

                "Speaking of Grounders..." I began

                "What?" He sat up.

                I sat up as well, draping the orange blanket over my shoulders to fend off the cold. "Lincoln, Octavia's Grounder, is gone."

                "Good." He said, visibly relaxing.

                "We need to contact another one of them. Well, I need to."

                "No." He argued.

                "Look, this Grounder saved my life that day on the bridge. He could have stopped me from being free with no trouble, and he let me go." I explained, "I need to talk to him, see what his side thinks."

                "And what if they take you again? What if they hold you hostage and torture or kill you this time?"

                "Because they would have done it already."

                "What do you mean?" He looked startled, even in the dark I could tell.

                "This Grounder, Bjorn, has been looking out for me since I escaped."

                "What, spying on you?!"                      

                "No, making sure I am not taken again."

                "Ava, I won't have you going out there and meeting with some Grounder scum."

                "You do not get to talk to me like that." I growled, "You do not own me."

                Within a flash, I had put my clothing back on and was zipping up my canvas jacket. Bellamy had yanked his pants back on and was shaking his head, "They almost killed you; Murphy too. He may have been soft on you before, letting you get away, but it's a war out there. How can you trust someone like that?"

                "You are not my parent!" I shouted, "We were sent here to die and we've grown from children to adults here. I can make my own decisions. I should never have bothered telling you. I knew you were going to react like a child."

                "Get out." He pointed to the door.

                "Gladly." I growled, grabbing my makeshift backpack and leaving the tent, possibly for good. Bellamy and I had argued many times before, but it had never been anything like this. He saw Grounders as monsters, and I saw them as people with thick skin. The bitter air was refreshing on my heated face; blood had risen to my cheeks as I had fought with Bellamy. Still, I had nowhere to stay. Of course, there were plenty of other tents, even hammocks in the drop ship, but for some reason, I did not want anyone to know about my fight with Bellamy. He was too fickle; and girls were crazed for him.

                Even though we had fought, I still didn't want to lose him. We would blow off some steam and then we would do our own thing, and come back together. At least, that was what I hoped, but in the moment I was in the blowing off steam portion of recovery. A sigh slipped my lips as I walked over to a large, communal tent.

                Within the canvas and tarp tent was the blonde I was seeking; Nova was obviously asleep, and I crept into the tent, careful not to step on anyone. Some people woke and grumbled slightly, moving back to their position and falling right back asleep. As I reached Nova, I lowered myself to the ground and slipped underneath her orange blanket, lying on my back and mulling everything over. The blonde seemed to feel the new body near her and lifted her head slightly.

                "Ava?" She asked, her voice groggy and confused. "What are you doin' here?"

                "I don't want to talk about it, get some sleep." I said and she seemed to accept that openly, resting back down on her make-shift pillow.

                I rolled onto my side, my eyes slowly closing as sleep overcame me. Nova, subconsciously, wrapped her arm around me. It was comforting in many ways, and brought me so much warmth. I shimmied in closer to her and found myself in a dreamless sleep.

I've said it before, and I will say it again; thank you to all of you who comment, vote and message consistently. My motivation for writing a story like this comes mostly from feedback, and feedback is what fuels my ideas for the writing! This is officially the longest story I've ever written. Only one other story made it to fifty, and ended there. This one is going on much longer. So, thank you. xox