You and Me [Chapter 18]

“Bellamy!” I called to him, my tone slightly angry.

                He walked up to us, looking innocent as ever. “What are you doing out here?”

                “Looking for you, and the radio you took.” Clarke snapped.

                “Bellamy Blake?” Raven chimed in, “They’re looking everywhere for you.”

                “Why?” Clarke asked, suddenly calmer.

                I raised my eyebrows, knowing exactly why they were looking for Bellamy.

                Clarke asked again, “Why are they looking for you, Bellamy?”

                “I shot Jaha.” He admitted then.

                I was surprised that he had answered so quickly, revealing his crimes that took a lot of effort on my part to get him to tell me. As I glanced to Raven, I realized that anyone coming from the Arc would know that Jaha had been shot, and Bellamy’s secret was going to be exposed sooner or later now that Raven was here.

                “He’s not dead.” Raven told him.

                “What?” Bellamy was stunned.

                “You’re a bad shot.” She laughed, “Jaha survived.”

                Bellamy looked enraged, and he turned to head back towards the camp, but Raven continued after him.

                “Hey Shooter! Where is my radio?”

                Bellamy stopped and turned back towards her, right in her personal space, “I don’t know what you are talking about.” He growled.

                “Bellamy…” I cautioned, knowing that if anyone was going to get through to him to get him to admit he took the radio, it was going to be me. “We won’t survive out here.”

                “We will.” He argued, truly believing that we could survive out here despite the grounders, and the weather. “We aren’t weak.”

                “You aren’t.” I said, “But the people on the Arc are, and they are dying.”

                I didn’t mean that the people on the Arc were weak, per say, but the Arc in particular was. It was dying, as Clarke had told us when we arrived, and I didn’t want the death of everyone on the Arc on my shoulders, or Bellamy’s.

                “The council was voting on whether or not to cull three hundred people…” Raven announced.

                “When?” Clarke asked.

                “Today.”

                “This is on you.” Clarke told Bellamy, using his own words he said to her when they had hung Murphy. “You can be sure that those three hundred aren’t going to be council members. They are going to be working people; your people!”

                “It’s too late; the radio is lost… ruined.” Bellamy said.

                I could hear in his voice and see on his face that he was regretting his choice to taking that radio. However, he didn’t know the consequences when he did it. Of course, he wasn’t naïve; he knew some of the consequences, but I doubted he ever expected that three hundred people would be culled. How could he have?