Chapter 30- I Should've Killed You When I Had The Chance

Почніть із самого початку

"But why turn us all into monsters? Why bring us into a world we know nothing about?" I ask, Beth shakes her head. "Well that is simple. Each of you basically killed your loved ones, except Kyle and Nick which is why their abilities are what they are. Piper, you're the healer because you couldn't heal yourself from the emotional wound of your boyfriends death. Grayson was the werewolf because his strength and stupidity led to the death of his girlfriend. Kyle is the psychic because he couldn't see his sister's death so now he's forced to see the deaths of innocents. Nick, you're the protector because you failed to protect both Clara and Wren. And finally my sister, you're the vampire because your anger and addiction to alcohol led to the death of your brother and Clara, so we turned you into a blood craving monster."

"What about Grayson? Why did you kill him!" Wren growled, Beth's smirk only grew wider. "Collateral damage. I did love him, but he found out too much when we left you guys. There was no baby, I just had to make him believe there was so that he would be on my side. But once I told him everything, he proved himself to be worthless and valued your lives more, so I killed him. Easy peasy."

"Easy peasy?! He was a great guy! He was loyal and in love with you and you killed him. I should've killed you when I had the chance." I grunt angrily, Beth just chuckles. "Well Nicky, I'm afraid I'm untouchable. Especially because you'll be dead pretty soon."

"Oh really? And why is that? We killed your little Royal worshippers so there's not really much you can do now." Wren taunts, I glare at her and shake my head as Beth turns around to face her.

"I'd be careful what you say around me Wren. I can make Casey come back within a matter of seconds and it'll be just like it was during your training. I'll make you kill them slowly and watch them die."

"I got rid of Casey for good-"

"That's what you think." Beth snaps her fingers, Wren stops crying and puts a devilish smirk on her face. That's when I knew she was gone.

"Now tell me, why did you kill Grayson?"

"I...Didn't." Wren struggles to make out, Beth snaps her fingers again. "I said, why did you kill him?"

"Because he was a nuisance and he was going to ruin everything!" She growls, Beth smiles. "Excellent. See, my little minion is doing so good!"

"I'm not your minion, nor am I your slave. Get that straight and we'll be on the same page." Beth walks over to Wren and pats her on the head. "Good minion!" Wren goes to bite her but Beth shakes her head and snaps her fingers.

"You follow my orders Casey. We don't want a repeat of your training do we?"

"No. But I think this reminds me of the time you attempted to get rid of me but I ratted you out and ruined your little plan. That was great, don't ya think?" Beth shakes her head and growls at Wren.

"You ruined everything. We were in this together but you went and betrayed me-"

"Casey was in until I found out that you were the one that tortured me as part of my training. Making me rip everyone I love to shreds just because of the monster you turned me into. Even for a person as soulless and damaged as me, that made me feel pain. So if you think for one second that I'm going to help you, you're dead wrong. Well, mostly dead." She started chanting in Latin which got her out of her chains. Beth looked taken back.

"How did you-"

"Another thing I picked up from your little bag of tricks. You may have thought that Casey was on your side the whole time but that's only what she wanted you to think. And there's plenty more where that came from so bring it on bitch." That's when I realized that Wren finally did it. She outsmarted the greater evil. She tapped into Casey's memories and figured out things that can hurt Beth.