Chapter 10- Scream

Nick's POV
Everyone was screaming in pain. Bones were breaking, blood was spilling, and the only thought in my mind was that I had to get to Wren.

I crawled over to her and grabbed her hand. "CLARA IM SORRY! PLEASE! MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP! AHHH!" Wren screams while shutting her eyes and rocking back and fourth. Before I could question what was going on, everyone started doing the same thing as our future selves just watched.

Then it hit me.

That horrible night.

The night that I will forever regret.

"What the hell are these?" I snap, looking at her wrists. She pulls her sleeves back down and shakes her head. "It's nothing."

"No it's not nothing Wren. You promised. I can't even look at you right now!" I went to close the door in her face but she stopped me.

"Come on Nick, talk to me-"

"I can't because you're not you Wren! You said you stopped this! Why are you doing this?!" I scream. Tears start falling down her face. "I'm sorry" She murmured, I rolled my eyes.

"Boy haven't I heard that one before. You have a problem, and I can't be with you unless you help yourself. Goodbye Lauren."

"Fine! I don't need you. I've got me, myself, and I and that's all I need. Have a nice life!" She throws the bottle of beer at the front door and walked away.

I made my way back upstairs and plopped down on my bed. She promised she would stop the cutting and drinking. I know things are hard for her, but cutting is never the answer.

I was cut out of my train of thought by my phone going off. It was a text from my older brother Luke.

Luke- Hey Nick, I'm having a party tonight. Wondering if you wanna come?

Dominic- Love to. What time?

Luke- 9pm

Dominic- Perfect

Luke- Awesome! See you there.
—————-
"Hey man, how are you?" My brother asks, I shake my head. "I just want to forget this day ever happened."

"I have the perfect solution. Come on, let's go play some beer pong." I knew it wasn't an idea, but I knew that Luke always knows how to deal with girl problems.

A few games and beers in and I was starting to feel funky. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Clara. "Nick, you need to slow down."

"Calm down mom! I'm fine."

"You give Wren all this crap about drinking, yet here you are getting drunk off your shit." She places her hands on her hips firmly, I roll my eyes. "Fine. I won't drink anymore. Oh Matthew!"  I walked over to Luke's stoner friends who were in the closet.

"Matthew? Oh hell no! Nick! This isn't a good idea!" I slammed the door in her face and joined them. "How much do you want?"

"Three grams." He rolled up the weed, gave me a lighter, and lit it. I felt amazing. It was as if everything was moving around me. It was like an out of body experience. That was until Clara started slamming on the door.