Chapter 25- We're Going To War

Nick's POV
"See? All you cared about was Wren while you let me die Nick-"

"What's the point of all of this anyways? To try and break me? I've done bad things in the past and I'm trying to become a better person because of it, but I can't change the past. So you wanna get angry at me then fine. At the end of the day you're just gonna have to realize that Clara is using you to get to Wren. You can't hurt me no matter how much you try." I replied with a smug smirk. He laughed and punched me right in the jaw.

"Mentally maybe not. But physically? Oh brother I can do a lot of damage." The thing that scared me most was the blood hungry look in his eyes. That was also the thing that made me realize that this wasn't my brother. It was an angry spirit that Clara conjured up.

"For he who can't move on, I really know him well. Send this version of Ethan where he belongs on his path back to hell!"

All of a sudden he bursted out into flames. "What's happening?" He screamed in pain, I chuckled. "You're going back to the hell Clara raised you from. You're not Ethan. My brother was a kind boy, and the look in your eyes says it all. You're not Ethan and you never will be."

He screamed as the fire consumed him and just like that he was gone again.

I grabbed my head as the room started spinning. The pain is indescribable. I feel like I'm dying. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!"

"This is simply part of your training Dominic. In order for your powers to be controlled, you need to be cleansed of your sins."

"My sins? I did what I did to save those I love! Clara already made me pay, she made all of us pay! Haven't we suffered enough?! Let me go!" All of a sudden my trainer turned into a bloody version of Clara, and she was holding Wren captive.

"I can't let you do that Nick. You need to die, and I'm here to make sure that happens." She pulls out a gun and fires at Wren. "NO!"

"Nicky wake up you're having a nightmare." I opened my eyes to see Wren with a concerned look on her face. My immediate instinct was to grab her and hug her as tight as I could. Tears started to fall down my face.

"It's okay. You're safe, I'm right here." She starts rubbing my back until I can catch my breath and wipe away the tears. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"It started off as a memory from the academy. But then all of a sudden my trainer turned into Clara and she started saying things like I need to pay for my sins and then she killed you. It was awful." She wipes away my tears and gives me a kiss.

"Clara is gone. She can't hurt us anymore. And as far as the academy goes, we are going to win this fight, and I'm going to be right by your side as we do. I'm not going anywhere, not this time." She grabbed my hands and smiled. I don't know what it is about her smile that makes me feel so good but her smile always manages to make me feel better.

"I'm sorry I woke you. We had such a great night and I just had to go a ruin it-"

"Stop it right now. You didn't ruin anything, you had a nightmare and those things happen. You saw how messed up I was after Clara's death, and it only got worse at the academy. I had numerous night terrors to a point where I woke up screaming and crying. So if there's anyone who understands what you're going through it's me. Trust me when I say you didn't ruin anything. But now that we're both up, how about we get up and bake some cookies?" I look at the clock and chuckle when I see what time it is.

"It's 3am and you want to make cookies?"

"Yes. It'll make you feel better I promise-"

"GUYS! I NEED HELP!" Between hearing the screams of Piper and the sound of the front door swinging open, the two of us jumped up and ran downstairs as fast as we could.

She was barely holding up Kyle. He was bleeding from the ears and the nose. "What the hell happened?"

"I tried healing him but nothing is working. I don't know what to do. We were leaving to get food and he started doubling over in pain, and then he said someone is going to die, it's not over. Then he started bleeding and I've spent the past four hours trying to heal him but nothing is working and I'm freaking out!" I looked at Wren with a concerned face, she just looked unfazed. I could tell that on the inside, she was panicking, but on the outside she didn't want anyone to know.

"I can hear his heartbeat, it's very faint. Whatever he saw is draining the life out of him. If the three of us join together and chant, I believe we can save him." It was evident that Wren is fighting the urge to try to save him by sucking the darkness out of his blood, but by doing so she knows she'll turn into Casey so she can't.

I grab her hand and nod. "She's right, it could work. Everybody grab hands and focus on Kyle. Focus on his wounds being healed." At the academy, I learned to heal this way. You close your eyes and think of everything good about that person, and you picture them healed and it works.

Within seconds, Kyle was gasping for air. This time, it was the good way. "I'm so glad you're okay!" Piper grabs Kyle and hugs him tight, we all smile as Kyle catches his breath. Kyle looks up at me and smiles. "Thank you."

How did he know that it was me who healed him?

"So what happened? Did you have a vision?" Wren questions uneasily, he nods and sits down on the couch. He took a deep breath before starting.

"Things are starting to make sense now. I saw everything, and that scared the hell out of me. Nothing has ever scared me more. In a few minutes, that phone is going to ring, it's gonna be Beth. Something horrible has happened. Someone's dead. People are dying off. And once again it's us against the Royals. We're fighting for our lives, but most importantly we're fighting for the sake of Will." My eyes go wide at the mentioning of his name.

"Will? Who the hell is that?" Piper asks uneasily, Kyle looks up at me, causing both of the girls to turn their heads as well. "Will was my roommate at the academy. What does he have to do with this?"

"Everything." Before I could question him any further, the phone rang. We all looked at each other apprehensively. I slowly walked over to the phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Nick! Oh thank god I'm so glad you answered. I know you hate me right now, but something terrible has happened." It was Beth. Her voice was hoarse and shaky, indicating that she had been crying.

"What do you mean? What's wrong?"

"It's Grayson...he's dead!" She starts crying, I drop the phone. Tears start welling up in my eyes as Wren and Beth look at me with gear in their eyes.

"What is it?" Wren asks, I shaky my head and pick up the phone from the floor. "Beth listen to me, wherever you are right now you need to get to the house. I'll see you soon."

"Are you kidding me right now Nick? After everything they did to us you're just going to let them back?!" Piper shouts angrily, Wren looks between us with a confused expression.

"What are you talking about?"

"It doesn't matter right now. What matters right now is that Grayson is dead and Beth needs us. If Kyle's visions are correct then there's a lot worse coming and we need to be prepared. So gear up team. We're going to war."