Chapter 27- How Do You Know

Nick's POV
It was like the first day at camp all over again. I thought that the spell was supposed to help us, instead it flung us against the wall and knocked us all out.

When I woke up, it was like a wave of emotions hit me. Especially when I looked around to see that nobody was left in the house except me.

"Kyle?" I call out. No answer.

"Wren?" I call out again. Nothing.

"Piper? Beth? Anybody?!"

I felt a stabbing pain in my head.

"It's been a year man. Will you tell me why the fuck I'm still here and where are all of my friends?!"

"You're the chosen six. Made by witch. You're all of special importance to the academy. Nobody knows how or why but you all are. As for your friends... well there's more to this academy then you think." Will replied with a sigh, I look at him curiously. "What do you mean?"

"This academy holds dark secrets. As you probably know by now they help us control our powers by making us pay for our sins. I haven't figured out why yet but I-"

"William. You are wanted in the corridors." The look on Will's face concerned me. It was a look of confusion, but what scared me the most was that he it was also a look of horror on his face. "What are the corridors?"

"Don't let me go man! You can't let me!" One of the Royals grab him and Will's eyes turn black. "I can't see! Nick help me! Don't let them take me!"

I ran to help him but I was held back by another one of the Royals. "Stop! Get off me! Will everything's gonna be okay-"

"You gotta help me Nick they're gonna kill me!" Will screams, I lunge over to get him but before I could reach him, the Royal that was holding him transported him away.

"Where did they take him?" I shout angrily, the Royal I was talking to just shook his head. "He will be dealt with." Without another word he disappeared.

I never actually saw Will again, I just assumed he was dead. But he knew something, and he was going to tell me that night. What could it have been?

I need to find him.

It was as if my prayers were answered when I realized that I took Will's spell casting book. There has to be a location spell in here somewhere.

As I flipped through the pages, I couldn't find anything about a location spell. Instead I found a summoning spell, but it required DNA from the person which I didn't have. I refuse to give up. Here goes nothing.

As I started chanting, I felt a rush of heat radiate through my body. I still refused to give up. Will has the answers, and if he's not dead I intend to get them.

As the feeling of heat throughout my body increased, I realized that I was slowly slipping out of reality. And before I could stop it, I passed out.

"Nick? Nick wake up!" My eyes opened the minute a pang of pain came across my face. I had been slapped. I looked up to see who it was, I came face to face with Will. Thank god!

"I did it!" I say excitedly, he on the other hand was not so happy. "You shouldn't have. It was a stupid mistake and you could've gotten yourself killed practicing dark magic like that. What were you thinking?!"

"I needed to find you. Ever since we graduated from the academy the six of us reunited but now Grayson is dead and everyone is missing and everything that could've gone wrong did and I don't understand why!"

"Slow down. Tell me everything." I knew we didn't have that much time so I gave him the short version of everything that has happened so far. By the end he didn't even look surprised.

"Why don't you look fazed by any of this?" I question apprehensively, he sighs. "Because I have spent the past five years trying to get a hold of you. When the Royals took me away, I thought they did it to kill me. But in reality they just wanted me to do their dirty work. I haven't had contact with anyone in the supernatural realm besides the Royals in five years and I'm trying to fix everything. I sabotaged the Royal's plans because in the end it would only create chaos. But then they gave me an ultimatum. They said that I could either do what they said or they would kill me and I would've let them kill me until I found out why I was in the academy in the first place. By killing me, they would be killing Wren as well."

My eyes bugged out. "What? Why?"

"Because we are linked." He replied shortly, I still looked at him curiously. "But how? I don't understand, you never even met Wren!"

"I can't tell you that-"

"Why does everyone hide things from me! The last time this happened was- holy shit wait. You're from the future aren't you?" He slowly nods. "Who are you?"

"I am your son."

What. The. Fuck.