Chapter 16- STOP

Beth's POV
I closed my eyes the minute I felt a drop and saw the lights go out. When I opened them I was face to face with the devil himself. I jumped at the sight of him.

"How are you here? I killed you!" I shout apprehensively, my brother Jax laughs. "Oh yeah that was fun. But you know what isn't? Hell. And that is exactly where you're going after this." He pulled out a knife, I shook my head.

"Jax you don't have to do this."

"It's not like you'll die. You're the werewolf, and as much as I would like it to be, this isn't silver. I just want you to feel the pain that I felt when you drove those scissors into my neck." He raised his knife and stabbed me right in the chest.

The pain was indescribable. It hurt so badly that I blacked out, and when I woke up I was back to that horrible day.

"Come downstairs, I'm down the block." My boyfriend Mike said over the phone with a chuckle. My parents still do not know about him because they have had a strict no boyfriends policy. So whenever we hang out, I have to lie and say that I'm going to my friends house. Luckily for me, today the only one home is my brother Jax.

"Alright, I'll be right there." I hung up the phone and made my way downstairs only to be stopped by Jax. "And where the hell do you think you're going dressed like that?"

"I'm going to Sandra's." I lie, he rolls his eyes. "You and I both know you're not going to Sandra's. So get your ass back upstairs."

"Jax! Come on that's no fair!"

"No Beth. Mom and dad trust me with you while they are away, and I'm not gonna have you go do god knows what with some wannabe douchebag. You'll thank me later. Now go back upstairs." He demanded. The tone in his voice was cold, it was as if he was jealous. Ew.

I stomped back upstairs to my room and sat on my bed, thinking of ways to sneak out. I finally thought of the vines in my backyard that lead up to my window.

I smirked victoriously as I climbed down the vines. Stupid Jax. I always get my way, he should know better by now.

"Hey beautiful." Mike greeted me with a kiss on the cheek, I smiled wide and gave him a hug. "So where are we off to?" I question, referring to our mystery date that he has planned.

"I decided I'm going to take you to the carnival because it's the place where we first met when we were five. Who would've known that eight years later we'd be a couple." I give him a big smile as I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers.

"Well then, let's get going."
——————
It was midnight when I got back home. I knew sneaking back in would be a challenge, especially because I had to try not to break the vines and fall.

I managed to pull myself up and back in through my window. Just as I thought I was off the hook, Jax spun around on my desk chair to face me.

"Where the hell have you been?" He snaps, anger evident in his voice. I roll my eyes and huff in frustration. "Chill Jax, I'm fine."

"That's not the point here Beth. The point is I said no and you disobeyed me. Now you're going to have to get punished." Jax never scared me before. But the look in his eyes was blood thirsty and that scared me.

"Yeah right. As if mom and dad are gonna believe you, I'm their little angel. I would never do anything wrong. Do me a favor and get out of my room please." I pointed towards the door but he only took a step closer.

"You look so good. It's as if you're trying to tease me with that outfit." I glare at him and shake my head as he places a hand on my shoulder. "Woah. What do you think you're doing?"