Chapter 8- We Couldn't Stop The Greater Evil

Piper's POV
When Wren and Nick came back in the morning, we were all waiting for details. But instead of coming back holding hands, they didn't speak to anyone and went their separate ways.

I knew something was wrong, and I was determined to find out the truth before Wren's future self comes back. I know Wren, I was once her best friend, and I can tell when her mind is messing with her.

She was the first I went to talk to.

I made my way over to our cabin with Beth, we sat down across from her. She wouldn't look at us. It was clear that she had been crying though, her eyes were all red and puffy and her tears stained her cheeks.

"Wren... what happened?" She shook her head, Beth and I grabbed her hands. "It's okay Wren, you can talk to us. It's just us girls right now, tell us what's wrong."

"I'm what's wrong Piper. My emotions are fucking with me. I still love him! I love him so much that it hurts!"

"I don't understand. He loves you too, what's the problem?" Beth asks, I stomp on her foot causing her to growl at me.

"The problem is my love for him is what made me hate myself. I was in a very dark place after Clara's death and he took part in that. All I want to do is feel him and be with him again but my mind tells me no. No matter how hard I try to forget everything, all I could think about is the accident."

"You have to stop beating yourself up. Whatever happened with Clara is in the past, we need to focus on the now. You two need each other right now more than ever. Whatever this is, we are going to fight it, but we have to do it together." Beth gave Wren a smile that I could tell warmed her heart a little.

Here you have a girl who literally met us two and ago, and she's actually showing that she cares.

"She's right Wren. We all need each other. You have to put aside whatever it is that happened and focus on getting out of here alive. Keep that anger you have and keep that love for him, and use it to help fight."

"Guys! Future Wren is back! We're doing this now." Gray calls out while knocking on the cabin door. Beth and I stand up but Wren doesn't move.

Beth grabs her by the arm and drags her out. We come face to face with future Wren and the others. If this is future Wren, then maybe the others are future versions of ourselves as well. But one of us is missing. Oh no. I think I know why they're here.

"So not to be rude or anything, but why are you here? And most importantly how?" Kyle questions, future Wren sighs.

"We're here because we couldn't stop the greater evil. But with our help, you all can. As you may have figured it out by now, the five of us are future versions of yourselves."

"That's Piper." She points to a tall blonde woman with blood in her hair. I must be a badass!

"That's Gray and Beth." She points to the man and woman with fangs and glowing eyes. I'll admit, it actually scared me a little because they didn't look fully in touch with their humanity. It's almost as if they're stuck as werewolves. Huh, never thought I'd ever say that in my lifetime.

"And this is Nick." She pointed to a tall guy with dark hair, almost covering his face. He had a huge scratch on his face and chest, it was scary.

Before I could even ask about future Kyle, Nick questioned his future self. "How did you get the scars?"

"Protecting my son-"

"We can't say much about the future without changing it. All we really can say is that you are all here for a reason. You will soon find out this reason by the evil who put you here. All of this is happening for a reason and we are here to make sure that you learn how to fight with your new powers in order to defeat the greater evil and change our future of the greater good." Future Wren interrupts, giving future Nick a glare.

"Where's my future self?" Kyle questions. They all bow their heads down and sigh. "Like I said, you all have the chance to change your future. We need to get to work. Everyone form a star shape. Kyle, you're at the point of the star. Beth and Gray, you are on the middle points of the star. Wren and Piper, you're on the bottom end points, and Nick you're in the middle. Nick, repeat after me. With all that's said and all that's done, help these five parts all become one."

"With all that's said and all that's done, help these five parts all become one." Nick repeats, future Nick shakes his head. "You have to keep chanting it."

Nick said the chant again, the wind picked up. He kept going and going until a star formed in a ring of fire.

"What the hell was that?" Beth asks uneasily, I looked at her to see that her eyes were glowing again, Grays claws were out, Wrens fangs were out, and Kyle was holding his head again.

"That was the binding spell. It was the first step in transforming you into fighters. If you all haven't figured it out by now, Nick is the protector which means he can cast all sorts of spells and basically do whatever it takes to protect all of you. Piper, you're the healer. You're another form of a protector because you can heal people in need. And the rest of you know who you are already. However, we are going to be here to mentor you because there are many more things about yourselves that you have yet to find out and we have to bring out. Okay?" Future Gray replied with a fake smile.

He obviously didn't want to be here. I wonder what's going to happen that's making him so bitter right now.

"Let's get started. Piper, Wren, and Beth, you're with us. Boys, you'll be with Gray and Nicky." Future Wren said while motioning for us to follow her. I couldn't help but laugh at future Wren's name for Nick, that's what Wren called him when they were dating.

Wait a minute

Before I could even ask about future Kyle, Nick questioned his future self. "How did you get the scars?"

"Protecting my daughter"

A wide smirk formed on my face. I knew what's going on, of course I'm not gonna tell Wren and Nick because they have to figure it out for themselves but there is one thing I can say.

Oh this is gonna be good.