Chapter 2- The Aftermath

Beth's POV
There were screams and cries for help coming from everywhere. Then I remembered what happened. There was an explosion.

I looked over and saw everyone, Piper looked like she was bent in a pretzel shape, Kyle was knocked out cold, and Lauren and Nick were nowhere to be found.

I almost immediately ran inside to help the screaming people. But I stopped when I saw Grayson carrying a girl out. Especially when I saw who that girl was. It was Lauren.

"What happened?!" I question worriedly, he shakes his head. "She ran inside to help me but her foot got stuck in the wire from the speaker and she got hurt bad. I can help her but I don't know if I can fix her." He replied with a tear falling down his face.

"Where is Nick?" I questioned anxiously, he shakes his head. "He's inside trying to help his brother Ethan, he is stuck under a pilar from the wall."

"How can I help with Lauren? Is there something I can do?" I ask, he nods. "You need to put pressure on the wound, luckily she didn't get hit in the artery so her chances of survival are higher. Take off your sweater, I can rip a piece of the cloth off so I'll be able to cover the wound once we have stitched her up."

Nick came walking out of the cabin looking paler than a ghost. "He's dead. They're all dead. I tried to help them but it was too late. Is Wren going to be okay?" He asks anxiously, Grayson shook his head.

"She's hurt pretty bad. We need to get to the first aid kit in the teachers cabin, warn them about what happened. I have to make sure her body doesn't go into shock." Grayson says, I stand up.

"I'll go, I'm fast." Before Nick could even protest, I started running as fast as I could to the teachers cabin only to see that they were all dead too. This wasn't caused by an explosion... this was murder, a gruesome one in fact.

As much as I wanted to break down then and there I stayed strong because I know that Lauren's life is literally in my hands at the moment. I grabbed the first aid kit and ran back as fast as my feet could take me.

"Did you warn them?" Nick asks, I shake my head as I give the kit to Grayson. "They're all dead."

Nick pulls at his hair and for a moment I saw a tear falling down his face. "What is going on?! I don't understand!"

"It's because you played the fucking Quijia board! Everything would have been fine if we didn't. The spirit said danger and death and look at what is happening right now, it was a warning idiot!" Piper shouts while walking towards us.

That's impossible, she was just in a pretzel shape five minutes ago. What is going on?

"Ouch ow ow what the hell are you doing?!" I heard Lauren scream, we all smiled. "You're okay!" Nick says excitedly, she nods.

"Besides my bleeding leg and splitting headache yeah. What are you doing to me Gray that hurts like a bitch!" She winces.

"Have you never gotten stitches before?" Grayson snaps at her, she shakes her head. "You're giving me stitches? You're not even a certified doctor!" She panics.

"Calm down Wren, he's helping you. If he doesn't stitch you up you are going to bleed out." Nick replied angrily, I chuckle. You can tell he really cares about her just by the way he's getting aggravated at her, it's adorable. I used to have that...but things change and life has to put a twisted turn on everything.

Lauren grunted frustratedly and started screaming in pain. "I know it hurts but I have to do this otherwise you will get infected and bleed out. I am done stitching you but now we have to put the bandage on and then you can't move for a while okay?" Grayson says to Lauren patiently, she rolls her eyes.

"You know staying still isn't in my vocabulary." She went to get up but she screamed in pain. "Told you." Grayson scoffs.

"Wren, I know you like to be a trouble maker and break rules but you need to stay still because if those stitches break you are fucked. You'll bleed out and then we will have to bury you with all these bodies and I don't want that!" Piper snaps, Lauren chuckles and puts a hand on her heart.

"Awe you actually care." She teases, Piper sighs. "I may be a bitch to you but once upon a time we were best friends. And since I really don't trust Gray with this medical stuff, we need to get you to a hospital-"

"There's no way we can." Kyle chimes in apprehensively, we all glare at him. "What do you mean there's no way?" Nick asks angrily, Kyle sighs.

"I checked the buses to see if we could go get help and the gas and break lines have been cut-"

"So then let's try the phones in the teachers cabin." Grayson snaps angrily, I shake my head. "I checked when I saw what happened to them, the line is cut too and there is no cell service up here so the question is what the hell are we going to do?" I reply worriedly, Nick looks at me confused as Piper starts crying.

"What do you mean when you saw what happened to them? Their cabin is on the other side of camp." Nick asks me, I sigh. "When I got there they were all sprawled out everywhere, one was hanging from the tree, one was gutted, another's throat had been slit, and the rest are way too gruesome to even think about. They're all dead. We are on our own."

"Oh my god!" Piper screams while gripping at her hair. She started hyperventilating and that is what made Lauren jump up with one foot and hop over to her. "What's happening?" I question worriedly, Lauren looks at me and shakes her head.

"She has very bad anxiety, she has attacks all of the time and this time it's really bad." Lauren replied, turning back to Piper. "Hey Pipes, look at me okay? We are going to get out of this but you need to stay with us. I am okay and I need you to be as well. We are all going to get out of this together but you need to stay with us. I am okay and I need you to be as well. Remember when we were kids and our families use to take us camping? Think of that like this, we are on our own little camping trip." Lauren comforts Piper with a chuckle that I'm guessing means she was remembering their old camping trips.

"B-but we c-can't get out. This isn't happening, we are trapped-"

"Look at us Pipes we are the only survivors of an explosion, I think we will be able to fend for ourselves for a little while. I can go hunting with Nick once my leg gets better, Beth and Gray can help find things that made it out of the fire and you and Kyle can work on finding fresh water, he's smart he can take care of you." Lauren says to Piper, Piper's breathing starts slowing down.

"I don't want you to leave me that is my worst nightmare-"

"I'm not going anywhere. I am right here and that is where I always will be." Piper rests her head on Lauren's shoulder and cries.

"What the hell?!" Grayson says questionably, I look at him curiously. "What's wrong?" I question, he points to Lauren.

"It's Wren, her leg is completely healed... that's impossible." Grayson replied which made everyone look at Lauren, he's right.

What the hell is going on?