Chapter 23- We're Stronger Together

Wren's POV
I woke up to the sound of chanting. When my eyes opened, I came face to face with Kyle and Nick. Kyle raises a knife to my arm, panic struck in me.

"What are you doing?" I whined in pain. They smiled at the sight of my blood, I just looked at them in confusion. Nick gave me a kiss and Kyle hugged me tightly. "Thank god you're back."

"How long was I out?"

"Wren... you've been gone for a week now. We had to collect the blood of your alter ego in order to get you back. Kyle has been using spells and he fixed your problem. She's gone for good Wren. You're safe now." I felt a nervous pit in my stomach. This has never happened for this long. They have no idea what they've just done. Oh god I'm gonna be sick.

I sat up and ran to the nearest trash can to puke.

"Is this supposed to happen?" Nick questions Kyle. Kyle shrugs and looks at me nervously. "Are you okay?" He offers a hand to help me up. I find this behavior weird of Kyle because ever since we were reunited he has shown nothing but anger and hatred towards us. For a second, it felt like the old Kyle was back.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Where are the others?" They both exchange a glance before turning back to me.

"They're gone. A lot happened this week. We decided it would be best to separate for now. Piper is living next door, she wanted to stay close to us. But Beth and Gray and far away." There was a sense of bitterness in his voice that made me question the events of what happened this past week. All I remember is lunging at Beth and then it's all fuzzy.

"It's all my fault isn't it?" I knew that whatever happened with all of them, it had to be because of the works of my evil alter ego.

"It wasn't your fault-"

"Right because it was Casey's. She's a part of me whether I like it or not and that makes this situation my fault. I let her take control and in return I got all of this. It's my fault." All of a sudden, flashbacks from the academy started hitting me.

"You can't hide from it forever Lauren. You need to embrace it!"

"Embrace it? You did this to me! I was perfectly fine before I got to this stupid academy. Where are my friends? I need to talk to them." I felt myself changing. This is not good.

"You're friends are gone. And I'm afraid you'll never see them again. Are you okay with that Casey?" Mr. Sanderson snapped his fingers and automatically I felt a power overcome me. I felt more confident. I felt more capable to do anything than I've ever felt in my life. But what scares me the most is that I feel angry and invigorated at the same time.

"Let's rock this bitch!" I never say that. What's going on?

Kyle looks between Nick and I. "I'm gonna give you two some time to talk." Kyle closed the door behind him and walked back upstairs. Nick walked up to me, wiped my tears, and gave me a hug. I could hear his heartbeat. I could smell his blood...No. get out now Wren.

"I'm sorry." I pushed away from him and ran up to a room. I'm guessing this is mine because it doesn't have any stuff in it but I don't know since I've only been in this house as Casey but frankly I don't care. I need a place to sit down and cry.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door.

"Wren, can I come in?" It was Nick. Based off of the fact that his voice cracked I could tell he was on the verge of crying and that only made me feel worse. I didn't respond, I just hugged my pillow tighter and crawled up into a ball on the bed. He opened the door and closed it behind him.

"Wren please talk to me. What's wrong?" As he sat down on the bed, he placed his hand on my back. I couldn't even look at him.

"I can't." That was all I could say.

"Please Wren. Let me in-"

"Don't you think I want to? All I want to do is wrap my arms around you and kiss you and feel you but I can't. The academy messed me up more than anyone. They made Casey and that petrifies me because any minute I can turn back into her. I can hear your heartbeat, I can smell your blood, and I have to fight off the constant urge to bite you while all I wanna do is feel you again and I can't." I finally turned over to face him, he was looking at me with a look of sympathy. This is the exact opposite of what I wanted.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"When I woke up at the academy I was alone in my room. I had no roommate for six years and the Royals preyed on my fear. They used holographic stimulators to help me control my powers, but then they brought blood into the equation and that's how Casey came to life. It turns out that even though Clara wanted me dead, she didn't want me to live with the burden of blood lust... Eventually the academy used Casey to their advantage. They made me kill innocent people and I couldn't do anything about it because Casey was the one taking the wheel. They preyed on my weaknesses because they claimed it would make me stronger when in reality it only made me more emotionally unstable. And eventually they used magic to cloak themselves to look like all of you and one by one they made me kill. It was awful!"

He grabbed my hands and stroked them with his thumbs. "Look at me Wren." I reluctantly looked up at him to see that he had tears in his eyes as well. "I promise you that I will do whatever it takes to protect you. I love you, and nothing is ever going to change that. I will love you until the day I die and trust me that will not be for a long time. We are going to beat this, I promise. We're stronger together than apart, let me help you."

Seeing him so genuine reminds me of how we were back in high school before any of this started. When I was with him I was able to forget about everything bad that happened in my life and I was able to let go. He makes me feel safe, and that is something that I want to feel all of the time.

I didn't say anything, instead I let actions speak louder than words. My immediate instinct was to kiss him. But kissing led to a little more and he stopped me.

"Are you sure about this? I don't want you to feel pressured or like I'm doing this to distract you-"

"Nicky. I'm sure. I love you." I initiated the kiss this time, and before I knew it clothes were coming off and things were happening.

Kyle's POV
I knew that they would have make up sex. Unfortunately I saw it in a vision. My visions have only gotten stronger over the years and sometimes I just can't handle it. But it's not the vision that I can't handle, it's the sound of the two of them going at in that gives me the need to get out of the house.

I texted Piper and said I was coming over. She doesn't know why, all she knows is that I have to get away from our house.

"So what's going on? Are you okay?" She asks, handing me a bottle of water and sitting next to me on the couch. I chuckle. "Physically, yes. Mentally, hell no."

"Why what's wrong?"

"Well the good news is we have Wren back. But the bad news for me at least is that I'm scarred for life because the sounds of the two of them having make up sex cannot leave my brain." I looked back up at her only to see that her mouth was hanging open.

"But the two of them haven't done anything since high school! I knew that they rekindled their spark at the camp but damn. This is amazing."

"Not really. I had a vision, and if I'm right, which I usually am, then something bad is coming. And them having sex is not gonna help the situation-"

"Are you trying to tell me she's pregnant?" She cuts me off, smiling widely. I shrug and sigh. "I can't really say, I've been getting images of a baby but I can't tell if it's Wren's our Beth's. It's most likely Beth's but then that means that we all get back together again. Which doesn't make much sense. I just have a really bad feeling about this."

"Does it feel like it did back at the camp?" I shake my head and shutter at the memories. We never knew what we were getting ourselves into. But now that we know... it's even more petrifying.

"No. It's worse."