Chapter 26- They Found Us

Wren's POV
I don't even know what to feel at this point. I thought that for once we were finally going to be safe. But of course, like always I was wrong. My heart aches for Beth, but I'm also curious as to what Piper meant when she said they betrayed us.

I wanted to ask, but the minute I opened my mouth the bell rang. It was Beth. All of a sudden a wave of heaviness hit me. I started to remember. This has never happened before.

I feel faint.

I feel dizzy.

I...

"WREN!"

Kyle's POV
I was the one to see Wren go down. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she just dropped to the floor. We all ran over to her, Beth being the one to actually get her to wake up.

"What are you doing? Don't touch her!" Nick questions uneasily as Beth places her hands on Wren's head. "Calm down Nick. I'm helping her."

Within a few seconds, Wren's eyes sprung open and she was gasping for air. Once she saw Beth she jumped away. "Don't touch me!"

"Wren I'm just trying to help-"

"Yeah, just like you were trying to help me at the academy right? I can't even look at you." Wren spats angrily, we all look at her confused. "What are you talking about?" Beth questions nervously. This fake act isn't fooling anyone. I can read her, she's been hiding more than we think.

"I remember everything you made Casey do. No wonder why she hates you so much. She's one of them guys. She's a lair, a fake, and most importantly she's-" Before Wren could finish her sentence she started seizing.

This time Piper ran to her aid. "She's not healing. Why isn't this working?!" Piper shouts. Beth moves closer and sighs. "Let me help her, I think I have an idea."

Beth places her hands on Wren's head and starts chanting. She immediately stopped seizing. Something is wrong here, I can feel it.

Wren's eyes opened and she caught her breath again. She looked between us all and smiled. "Hey guys."

"How are you feeling babe?" Nick asked, her smile turns wider. "Better than ever. So what's going on exactly?"

"You don't remember?" Beth questions uneasily, Wren shakes her head. "That could be a side effect of the seizure. Ethan used to have them when he was younger and the same thing would happen." Nick replied with a sigh. Piper let out a breath of relief.

I hold out my hand and help Wren stand up. We all walk over to the couch and sit down, I plan on questioning Beth about Gray. She's not getting away that easily.

"So Beth what exactly happened? How did it happen?" I question, she looks at me with tears in her eyes. "The Royals found us... they tortured Gray and tried to get us to give up your destination. When we refused, they snapped Gray's neck and waited for him to transform. He still refused to give you guys up so they ripped his heart out. When they went to get rid of the body, I ran as fast as I could until I could get somewhere safe. That's when I called you. Every time I close my eyes I can hear him scream and I can see them kill him. A war is brewing and we need to stop it."

"How do we do that?" Piper questions, Beth sighs and shakes her head. "More training, kind of like how it was back at the camp. We need to keep practicing and using all of our energy. The Royals are strong, but we must be stronger."

"Wait a minute. How did they even find you and Gray?" I question curiously. It doesn't add up. We all took out our chips for the sole reason that they can't track us down.

"They caught our scent somehow and tracked us down. We need to hurry, they'll be looking for me." As if by instinct, we all got up and created our pentagram. We realized that since we were missing Gray so this wouldn't work.

"How do we do this? He's gone." Beth cried, Wren shook her head. "There has to be a way. We must have something of his, we could put it in his spot it might work." We all turn to Beth, she smiles.

"The ring he gave me was a family heirloom so it should count." She held it tight, Wren spoke up. "We need to do a protection spell, it helped us back at the camp it'll help us now." We got into our formation and Nick led the incantation.

"We're together at last, all that was said is now done. We need help so let these five parts all become one." I felt a tingle, I thought it was working.

I was dead wrong.

There was a flash of bright light. And within seconds we were all flung into separate corners. That is the last thing I remember before I blacked out.