Chapter 19- I Agree

Nick's POV
We managed to find our way back to the campground. Clara must have been shielding this place from our vision, that's how she was able to make us disappear.

"The bus! It's back!" Piper cheered for joy, we all smiled and sighed in relief. We can finally go home. We hopped on the bus and headed home. It was hours before we finally reached the school. It was as if nothing ever happened.

Everyone was mourning the deaths of the fallen. Unfortunately, they thought we were dead too. In fact, there wasn't a trace of us anywhere.

"Today is a sad day which would've been happy had it not been for the devastating explosion that left our senior class and twenty staff members dead three months ago."

"Did he just say three months?" Wren questions uneasily, Beth nods. "Clara must have put us in a never ending loop. So to us it felt like a couple weeks. When in reality it was months. We should go up there. We need to let our families know that we survived."

We made our way to the stage but it was as if nobody was fazed by our presence. "I am now going to read the names of the fallen that will forever be remembered. Samuel Anderson, Danielle Baker..." Everything was going fine until he said the last few names.

"Dominic Carter, Ethan Carter, Bethany Johnson, Lauren Underwood, Piper Richards, Grayson Samuels, Kyle Lawrence."

"What are you talking about? We're right here!" Piper shouts, pushing our principal. He doesn't budge. "It's like they can't see us-"

"That is because they can't. The spell Miss Bennet put on you all became permanent which makes you creatures that don't actually exist therefore nobody can see or hear you." A guy in a white cloak says mysteriously. We all jump when we see him.

"Who the hell are you?" Gray shouts. He was scared, we all were. And if we knew it was going to be years before we were able to talk again, we would've spent our time saying goodbye.

"I am part of the Royals. We are a league that teaches those with abilities to fight. You six have been enrolled." All of a sudden, other men and women in white cloaks appeared behind us and grabbed us.

Wren was the first to try to fight, but instead she got knocked out by one of the white cloaks. All the woman did was wave her hand in Wren's face and she immediately fell asleep.

"Get off of me!" Kyle shouted, trying to break away from the hold as well. Wren was the first to disappear, the Royal who knocked her out took her. I started to get angry.

"What did you do to her?" I snapped, the Royal holding me sighed. "She's safe, as all of you will soon be."

Kyle, Gray and Beth were next to go. Piper was kicking and screaming as they took her. "NO! MOM! HELP ME PLEASE!" The sad thing is, her mom was sitting right in front of her, but she couldn't hear her scream or cry for help.

I threw a punch at the guy holding me. In response he knocked me out like the woman did to Wren. I woke up in a bed with a boy who looked a couple years younger smiling at me.

"Hello roomie."

"Ugh! Where the fuck am I?" I grabbed my head after feeling like needles were being put in my brain. "Shh. Watch your language. If they hear you talking like that they'll send you to the pit."

"The pit? Where are we?"

"The Royal academy." Holy shit. I need to find Wren and the others!

"How do I get out of here?" My roommate shakes his head, looking at me as if I just asked a child where babies come from. "There is no way out until you finish your training. Depending on your abilities, you could graduate early."