Chapter 31- We Live

Piper's POV
I can't believe my eyes. Kyle and Nick are dead, Wren tapped into Casey's brain, and now she's fighting Beth who is the mastermind behind this whole thing who also happens to be Wren's sister separated from birth. Damn.

As I tried to unchain myself, Wren and Beth were fighting. As Wren threw fireballs at Beth, I could tell there was something different about her. Her eyes had gone fully dark, the veins in her eyes were popping out, her fangs were fully out and she was basically a huge ball of fire. I'm starting to get worried.

"Why don't we just call it a truce?" Wren says seriously, making my eyes bulge out. Beth seemed taken back too. "You think that after all of this time I'm going to forgive you? You're 24 years too late!"

"Come On Beth! We're sisters. It's not my fault that I didn't know about you. Mom must have thought she was having one kid, but meanwhile she ended up having three-"

"Shut up."

"I'm sorry you had to grow up with such a horrible life, especially if your brother did all the things you say he did. But that is not my fault, it's his-"

"Shut Up!"

"And what happened to Clara was an accident. That doesn't mean that you get to kill everyone I love!" Wren shouts, Beth starts screaming and throws Wren against the wall.

"You know, I really do feel sorry for you. You had to live such a sad life and you're not even trying to make it better. You met your sister, she died, so you resurrected her just to get revenge on me. But what I don't understand is why did you take part in killing Clara?"

Oh shit. What if I was right? What if she's not really dead?

"She wasn't going to go through with the plan to kill you so she started setting everyone free. And when Kyle refused to join us, I knew I didn't have a choice. It pained me, but I had to do it. She chose you over me and that's how it was always going to be!"

"You're right, she would. And why? Because unlike you I actually treated her as a sister rather than a slave for a revenge plot. I mean look at you, you're pathetic! It's no wonder she liked me more and I'm the one who caused her death." Wren replies sneakily, earning a slap across the face from Beth.

"Go ahead Beth, get angry. None of it is going to bring Clara back. None of it is going to change all of the wrong you have done. None of it can turn back the fucking past! So go ahead, be pissed at me, kill me for all I care, at least I'll know that I died saving the ones I loved whereas you are going to die sad and alone with nobody to love." Beth's eyes started turning blue, indicating that she was turning into her werewolf persona.

What are you doing Wren?

"You don't know what you're talking about-"

"I don't? Then explain this. You've dedicated your whole life to getting revenge on me and killing me. By doing so you not only killed your sister, but you killed your own boyfriend and now who is going to love you? Because it's not me and it sure as hell is not yourself because all I see is a sad, pathetic excuse for a human Being." Beth looks up at Wren with a devilish grin. "You're forgetting I'm not human." She opens her mouth, revealing her werewolf fangs, about to bite Wren.

Wren puts a hand in front of Beth's face, making Beth scream in pain. "And I'm not either, remember? Because you turned me into this monster and I plan on fully embracing it from now on. You thought that you were so smart but you failed to realize one thing, Casey hates you and she wanted nothing more than to see you burn, and now she's going to get her wish." She sent Beth flying across the room multiple times, just like she had done to Will. There was lots of blood.

Beth crawled weakly over to Wren with a sad look on her face. She went to raise her hands but nothing happened. "How did you-"

"Casey knew more than you thought. Now go to hell Beth." Wren snapped her fingers, making a dagger appear. Beth shook her head. "No. P-Please!"

"You think I'm going to give you mercy after you made the last six years of my life a living hell and killed those I love? Please don't! Look at you, you're pathetic. But you're just human now so I guess I could spare you." Wren says wholeheartedly, Beth smiles and sighs out of relief as Wren just starts laughing in her face.

"Just kidding!" She plunged the dagger into Beth's heart. "That's for Kyle, Nick and my son." She brings her hands to Beth's head as she struggles to breathe. She quickly snaps her neck, making Beth fall lifelessly to the floor. "And that, is for Grayson."

She runs over to me, unlocking the magical chains that Beth put against me. We heard a grunt, it came from Kyle. We quickly ran over to him, he was waking up. I thought he was dead. "Kyle what happened? We thought you were dead!" I hug him with a smile on my face, tears of joy started to fall. He's alive.

"She put him into a coma, making us think he was dead. By killing her and taking her powers, I was able to set him free. Unfortunately I couldn't do the same for Nick." Wren bows her head down. I could tell that she was going to destroy herself over this so I refused to give up.

I ran over to Nick, giving all of my might and power into healing him. It slowly started to work, a smile came to my face. "I wouldn't be too sure of that if I was you Wren."

She looked up with tears in her eyes. "What are you talking about?" She questions uneasily, not knowing how to process what was happening. "I healed him before he could fully bleed out. He's going to be okay."

She smiled widely and ran into my arms, giving me a bear hug. "Thank you so much Piper! I can't thank you enough."

"Thank me? You just saved my life, I think we're even. These past six years have taught me that we're a family, and family will always stand by each other no matter what. I love you Wren." I hug her again, she smiles. "I love you too Piper, which is why I have to do this for our greater good." She put her hands on my head, I felt like I was coming to life again.

"What's going on?"

"I'm taking your powers. I'm turning you all back-"

"What's the point if we can't be seen by the human world?" I say hopelessly, she smiles. "Now you all will be able to."

"Us? What about you?" I question, she shakes her head. "Someone has to run this place. This time we'll do it right."

"Why not just burn this place to the ground?"

"Because the other magical beings will have nowhere to go. There are some good Royals here that we didn't kill, and I plan on enhancing the ability of this academy. You're right, we can't be seen by the outside world, but I'd rather you all live your lives to the fullest than have to deal with the memory of all this."

I shake my head. "Wren, were not letting you do this alone. We're in this together, remember?" Nick says weakly, Wren smiles as he sits up and she jumps into his arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay. But you almost died today because of me, I can't let you stay and not be happy." He quickly shakes his head and chuckles. "Wren, I'm my happiest when I'm with you. I don't care what happens, I think after this we can pretty much get through anything. So how about we all run this together, the right way?"

"I'm in." Kyle says with a smile, I nod in agreement. "Me too."

"You guys really would do that?" She asks, we all nod. "We're family. And family doesn't back out on each other no matter what happens. We're in this together. So let's gather all of the students into the auditorium and set some ground rules."

Wren snaps her fingers, making a microphone appear. "Attention all academy students. There will be a mandatory meeting in the auditorium in a few minutes. Please attend. Thank you."

We all got up and hugged. "So what now? We just spent the past six years fighting for our lives. What exactly do we do now?" Kyle questions apprehensively, I smile.

"That's simple. We live."

The End