Chapter 4- Mistakes

Dominic's POV
Once Lauren finally calmed me down, we got up and went on our way back to the camp ground. "Hey Wren?" She stopped and turned around with a smile. "Yes?"

"Thanks for this. I really do still care about you, I don't know what I would do without you." I said with a genuine smile. This girl makes me happy, she always has and she always will. She gave me a bear hug and said "I still care too, always have always will."

We walked back to the camp hand in hand not even saying a word to each other. Of course Gray had to tease us though. "Oh look the lovebirds are back! How was the make up sex?"

"Shut up, we didn't do anything." Wren replied with a chuckle, I nod in agreement. "Whatever. Kyle made a fire so we can stay warm for tonight, Beth and I managed to salvage some water from the cafeteria so here you go. We have to stay hydrated if we are going to find food in the morning." Gray throws us some water bottles and we all sat by the fire that Kyle made in silence.

"I never expected this to happen, I don't think any of us did. But we need to come up with a plan on how we are going to get out of here, it's way too far to walk and the nearest bus station isn't for an hour away by car. So what are we going to do?" Piper questions, breaking the silence.

"I don't know maybe we should ask the board since Clara obviously has us in her best interests." Gray scoffs sarcastically earning a glee from Wren in the process.

"You don't know a thing about her. All you did was pick on her, I was the one who was best friends with her and I know for a fact that was her. So you can take your sarcasm and shove it." She went to get up but I stopped her.

"Wren please stay-"

"I can't. I should've died that night not her. He can start pointing the fingers at the board but maybe she is doing this in spite of me." A tear falls down Wren's face as we all look at her in confusion. "Wren what are you talking about?" Piper questions, Wren starts freaking out.

"I killed them. It's my fault. We were driving that night and I had been drinking. I was angry at her for lying to me about kissing Nick and because I got into a fight with Claudia and my father and all of it was just too much! We were driving back from my brothers little league game and we were fighting in the car and I swear I didn't see the truck coming...by the time I saw it coming I slammed on the breaks but the ice on the road made us skid and the truck slammed into us. It happened so fast, I can still hear my little brother crying at night. He died at the hospital and Clara died instantly and our last words to each other were I hate you. It's all my fault so you have no right to tell me that it wasn't her that we were talking to. She can give us the answers we are searching for but every time we talk to her some shit happens and one of us breaks down."  Wren starts hysterically crying, I comfort her.

"It's all going to be okay. I'm sure she doesn't blame you Wren, if she did she wouldn't have warned us about the explosion, she would have made the devil talk to us if she hated you. Just the fact that she contacted you shows that she still cares. Everything is going to be okay, we are going to get out of here, I promise you." I said while pulling her closer to me in our hug, she squeezed me tight and continued to cry.

"He's right, everything is going to be okay. If we all stick together and combine our skills then we can do this. Kyle you've got smarts when it comes to science so you can help us with picking food. Gray you've got medical smarts. Nick and Wren know their way around hunting and Beth you seem like you know a lot about surviving in the woods so I think we can do this." Piper chimes in, Beth smiles.

"I'm in. I say if we can find a service connection we will be able to get help somehow but for now we are on our own. However there are animals out here and it's getting dark so I think we should call it a night and start working tomorrow." Beth replied, taking charge earning a nod from Gray.

"She's right, let's call it a night-"

"No way! The person that started the fire could be out there. We need to be on guard." Wren outbursts, I grab her hand and shake my head. "If it makes you feel any better I will stay up and keep watch, but you need to get some sleep-"

"I'm not leaving you." She shakes her head, Gray sighs. "I'll stay up too. He won't be alone Wren." Gray replies, she still shakes her head.

"Look at me Wren. Everything will be fine okay? I'm not alone, Gray is right here with me. Get some sleep, everything will be alright." I kiss her forehead, she sighs and gives me a big hug.

"Come on Wren he will be fine!" Piper grunts, pulling Wren into the cabin. Gray sits next to me by the fire and then starts laughing. "What are you laughing at?" I question, nudging him. He smiles.

"She didn't want to leave you, I thought she hated you. What happened back there?" He asks referring to when Wren ran after me into the woods. "I basically broke down, she was there for me. I thought she hated me as well but apparently not."

"What happened between you two? All anyone knows is that you guys broke up over the summer." He asks, I sigh. "I'm not gonna lie Gray, I really fucked up. We had a fight because I saw she had been cutting and drinking her days away so I walked out one day and went to my brothers frat party, turned out Clara was there too. I got so drunk and so high that all I remember is somehow kissing Clara because she was telling me to slow down on the drinks and was so overprotective that I thought she was Wren. Wren found out and we broke up."

"Damn man that's harsh-"

"I know. If I could take it back I would. I would do anything to have those wonderful dates we used to have back. I remember our first date back in sophomore year, I planned this big picnic in the park and I set up lights and music and everything because I was so extra. I remember making her laugh and seeing her smile made me so happy. I would give anything to have that back." I said with a sigh, he smirks.

"You really love her don't you?" He asks, I nod. "I do. I love everything about her. I love her laugh. I love how her nose crinkles all cute when she laughs. I love how she absolutely hates her laugh. I love her smile. I love all of her flaws and aspects that make her great. But I know I messed everything up so for now. I am going to do whatever it takes to get her back."

"Well judging by the way she didn't want to leave you I'm guessing it's working. I can tell she loves you even if she was hurt, deep down she really loves you. You two were meant for each other, I say go for it." Gray says with a smile, I laugh.

"I don't think she will ever truly forgive me for what happened. I haven't been able to forgive myself, if I hadn't kissed Clara that night then maybe Lauren wouldn't have gotten sloppy drunk and maybe Wren's little brother and Clara would be alive right now. I tell her it wasn't her fault because truth is, it was mine. Every time I look at her I see Clara and then I see my mistakes." I reply with a sigh, he punches my shoulder.

"Dude, she obviously still cares. If she didn't then she wouldn't be acting the way she was, she didn't even wanna leave you man. She cares. So make your move, it's now or never because we are going to be here probably for the next week or longer. Show her you still care God forbid before something happens."

"What do you think is going to happen to us? Our families are going to come looking right?" He chuckles and shakes his head. "You don't get it do you?"

"Get what?" I question, he sighs. "When we played the board, that's when all the freaky things started happening. Then this prophecy shit. And Wren asked it questions that a random spirit and none of us could know the answer to, it was definitely Clara. That can only mean one thing..."

"What are you talking about?" I reply with a chuckle, he looked me straight in the eye with a straight face, that's when I knew he was being completely serious. "I think the board was trying to tell us something." He says.

"What do you think it was trying to say?"

"I think it was a warning. A warning that something was coming. Something bad, something really bad."