Chapter 22- How Could You

2 Days Later (Beth's POV)
The past two days have been pretty hectic. We were once a family and now we don't even trust each other. We have all lied and cheated to get to where we are today and what have we gotten out of it? This. We're on the run. Hiding from an academy who have spent the last six years giving us nothing but hell.

I'm really missing Wren right now. I can't talk to Piper about my condition because she won't know what to do, Wren on the other hand will know how to keep us safe.

"She said she would be better by now!" Nick protests, Kyle grunts in frustration. "She obviously lied. We know what we have to do why can't we just do it already?"

"I told you I'm not letting you lay a hand on her-"

"Because you love her and blah blah blah. Everyone in this room loves her too but sometimes we have to let the ones we love go for the greater good. Are you really willing to die for her?"

"I think everyone except you is willing to. Kyle this is the girl who helped us through everything six years ago. She risked her life so that we could live. It's time we return the favor, and until she's okay again we need to come up with a strategy on how we're going to fight this. Anyone have any ideas?" Piper replied sternly. I could tell she was getting annoyed, frankly we all were getting pissed off at Kyle.

I have an idea as to why the Royals separated us but I need more motive. Our future selves told us that we were strongest together, but what doesn't make sense is why would the Royals separate us if the point of the academy is to help us manage our abilities. I need to know why before I could even dive into the How.

"There is a way to tell if Wren is really herself. We have to check her blood color. If it's black then she's still her alter ego. If it's normal then she's Wren again. I learned that when I was doing research on our male target. I'm willing to hold her arms down if someone cuts her." Grayson stepped forward. He never told me this. We've been together for six years and it makes me think what else does he know about this stuff that he's not saying.

"I'll make the mark." I step up, Grayson shoots me a look and shakes his head. "No way. Not in your condition. If she's not normal she can hurt you."

"As long as you hold her down I'll be fine-"

"I said no Beth."

"What condition is he talking about? Are you alright?" Piper asks, I nod and shoot a glare at Grayson. "I'm fine. No need to worry. Let's get this over with." I made my way downstairs into the panic room and unlocked the door.

When I saw Wren smiling, part of me wanted to believe it was her, but the smirk on her face said otherwise. "Come back for round two?" She did with a chuckle, referring to my fight with her last night. I closed the door behind me and shielded it, making sure that nobody else could come in.

I reluctantly walked into the panic room not knowing what to expect. I need to talk to Wren, and I believe that with the right amount of pushing I can get her back.

"Why hello pretty darling. Come to visit without loverboy?" Casey said with a chuckle, I sigh and close the door behind me.

"I know you're in there Wren. We need you. Now more than ever so please fight this-"

"Fight this! Fight this! You might want to stop giving me advice and start fighting that infection that's inside you. I can hear it, you're not fooling anybody."

"You don't know what you're talking about." I snap, she chuckles again. "I know more than you think sweetheart. If you think I'm gonna give up then you're wrong. The Royal's are gonna come, and if I'm right then it is that thing they are after. Once I get out of here I will proudly give it to them."