Mary called us over once it was ready, my hands going to pick Luke up. He let out giggles as I carried him into the room by his ankles, letting him hang upside down. I set him down in a chair next to his mother before taking the one next to Laila.

"So, Isaac, Laila tells us that you do lacrosse? I'm not very familiar with it, I'll admit." Laila's mom started the conversation, keeping the friendly smile on her face the entire time.

"He's one of the best players on the team." Laila nearly bragged, passing the bowl of bread over to me after taking a few slices.

"I wish we could come to a game, I'd love to see you play."

"I went to a game." Luke spoke up, his eyes lighting up at the mention of it. "And Isaac's gonna teach me how to play!"

"Really?"

They kept the conversation going, easily shifting from one topic to another. They included me as often as they could, genuinely interested in what I had to say.

"You know, I'm just waiting for the typical father talk. Where's that at?" Mary teased near the end of dinner as I laughed at another of Laila's father's jokes.

"Laila wouldn't date someone horrible. I think she can choose for herself. And besides, we've heard enough about him over the phone." he answered, shooting her a smile as she ducked her head. "Oh come on, I have to embarass you just a bit. It's my job."

"Is this the part where you pull out baby pictures?" I eagerly asked, ignoring Laila's noise of protest.

"Actually, Laila was an adorable baby. I'm sure we could find a few if you're interested."

"I'll show him them later. We don't need to show him now." Laila tried, waving her hand as if to excuse the thought.

"I think we should show him one now."

"Yeah, I wanna see one." I added, curious now.

She sighed before eventually agreeing. "Ok, fine! One. That's it."

Sophie's POV

"I just got a text from Lydia. She's having a surprise party for Laila tonight." I read out, interuppting their conversation on what the keyword could be.

"Should we go?" Scott questioned, looking over at me.

"Lydia will be there so we can talk to her in person. I think we should."

Their phones lit up as well, no doubt Lydia telling them about the party as well.

Stiles nodded his head, getting out of his seat. "Oh, we're definitely going."

Laila's POV

"When do your parents leave?" Isaac asked as we drove out to the lake house.

After being forced to stop my parents from pulling out one of my baby photo albums, I told them we had plans before they could show him anything besides the one photo I had allowed.

"Tomorrow night."

"I liked them. They remind me of you but I can still see some differences."

"Yeah, most people say I remind them of my mom."

"I could see that. But you have your moments where I can totally tell you were raised by Mary."

"You should meet her aunt. She's the one I'm the most like."

"Where's she?"

"Paris. She used to live in Beacon Hills but she moved away around the same time Mary and I moved out."

"Do you miss her?"

"Yeah. A lot. But we visit her sometimes and whenever she can, she calls. She wants to meet you."

"Just how much do you talk about me?"

"A bit. You're kind of important to me so I want everyone I love to know about you and then they ask questions and then those questions cause more questions and eventaully I'm telling them everything I know." I admitted, reaching over to take his hand, tangling my fingers with his.

He lifted it up to his lips, pressing a quick kiss to the back of it before the car rolled to a stop. "Why are there so many cars?"

"Oh no." I got out of the car, leading him up to the unlocked door, letting us both in. "Lydia!"

"Surprise!" she yelled over the music, pushing her way through the crowd of people.

"A party? I thought it was just Jackson, you and us."

"I couldn't let your birthday go by without a party, Laila! Come on, let's dance." 

Author's Note:

Isaac met Laila's parents and Lydia threw Laila a birthday party! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEEE!!!!!