I'll Stand Behind You [Chapter 56]

Start from the beginning

                Octavia held his knee while Bellamy pressed his shoulders back to the ground. The arrow shaft was slipping in my grasp; there was blood all over my hands already. As I tried to pull, I realized that the arrowheads were in fact notched, and were going to rip tissues, veins, maybe even arteries. He would succumb to blood poisoning… As this ran through my mind, the top of the arrow snapped and I fell backwards, landing hard on my ass and groaning in pain, though not nearly as much as Myles was in.

                “It’s useless.” I rose to my feet, feeling my tailbone bruising right away.

                Wrapping the cloth around the arrows, I knew it was all I could do for Myles now. Removing the arrow would do more damage than leaving it there, though his chances of surviving with them was next to none. I bowed my head, wishing Clarke were here to assist, though I doubted her skills could tend to these wounds either. I walked over to Myles’ head and frowned, “Get some sleep if you can… I can give you some moonshine.”           

                The kid nodded, and Octavia gave him a few swigs.

                “There is nothing more we can do…” I whispered to Bellamy as Myles rested his eyes, in and out of consciousness.

                “Raven is making mines, to protect the perimeter. If possible, we are hoping to prevent all Grounders from entering the walls. Myles might survive this war, then and only then we can decide his fate.”

                When he mentioned Raven it stung, but I simply nodded, “How many mines are made?”

                “A dozen, at least.”

                “I’ll go plant them.” I decided, wondering if Bellamy would come with me or not.

                He nodded to the top of the drop ship, “I’ll go grab some and come with you.”

                I waited patiently as he disappeared to where Raven was, my leg shaking as I tried to calm my nerves. I had no idea now what I wanted to say to him; he was acting as if nothing at all had happened between us, but perhaps that was just for show as there were many people around. He came down with a box full of tin cans, which I presumed were the mines. On the box was pen-written “Will blow your face off”.

                “Let’s go.” He said.

                We left the drop ship, a few feet away from each other, looking ahead of us and nowhere else. The day was breaking into evening, and there was still no sign of Clarke, Finn or Monty. I had a feeling that they were gone, perhaps for good, though I would never admit it. Jasper was insisting that we go out and find them, but I knew what was out there. Grounders were lurking, and the more separated that we became, the easier it would be to pick us off one by one, leaving less of us in camp. Bellamy was right in not going to find them, not on the brink of destruction.

                Outside the walls, we were still not alone, but far enough from anyone who might care about what we had to say to one another.

                “I didn’t mean for you to leave last night…” He admitted, “But when you did, I figured that you’d had enough of me.”

                “You telling me to get out didn’t exactly make me think you wanted me around.”

                “I reacted poorly… I didn’t want you out there near the people who are trying to kill us.”

                “They only want to kill us because we have killed them.” I said, “It’s all one big misunderstanding that has gone way beyond fixing. And here we are, planting mines.”

                “You’re upset.” He noted.

                “No, we have to do what we need to, to survive.” I admitted, “And while I think moving would be our best bet, I’ve never been great at convincing crowds what to do.”

                “We can’t leave… We can’t give up everything we have.”

                “I know.” I said, “I’ll stand behind you, no matter what.”

                “I don’t deserve that from you.”

                “Shut up.” I smirked, “I told you already, Bellamy, I love you.”

Alright, I am going to make a note and tell you that if for any reason I don't reply to your comments or post daily, it is most likely because my laptop is the biggest piece of crap to exist. Every time I click something, an ad or pop up plagues my screen. Windows 8 is a big fuckin' joke. Anyways, just thought I would let you know! I try to reply on my phone as it is easier to use, but I don't always have internet on my phone. But, comment and vote and I will do my best to get back to all of you!