Hexes

Tomorrow, half Ravenclaw wants to be in Quidditch. This is going to be a long day.

***

I have two out of the half a hundred people in mind; Darius, and surprisingly Marietta.

As the last tryout, a poor second year girl misses a Quaffle, I say,"I know who I want!"

My team and all the Ravenclaws look at me expectantly.

"I want Darius Flores and Marietta Edgecombe!"I announce. There were a few groans and a whole lot of unbelieved gasps.

"Shake with the captain!"Madame Hooch says, giving me an approving look at my choices.

I shake Darius hand firmly, and he grins at me. I manage a smile back. I shake Marietta's, and she leaves without a thank you. I don't acknowledge her. I lead the Ravenclaws back to our common room.

***

"Hello Margaret!"Slughorn yells from behind me. I smile at him, and he says,"The Slug Club is hosting a Christmas Party. Just ask someone as a date at my office. Christmas Eve!" He jogs to Potions.

I spend the whole Divination period not paying attention to Treawlny and instead wondering how I would ask Darius.

I walk to the restroom quickly, to check out my hair and teeth and face and clothes so I didn't look like an idiot talking to Darius. I hear a sob, and stop brushing dust off my collar. I hear it again. It sounded familiar.

"Hermione?"I ask. No response. I open a stall to see a crying Hermione, her head buried in her hands.

"Hermione, what's wrong?"I ask.

"She's feeling heartbroken,"Luna replies. I didn't see her until now. She had her arm around Hermione.

"Who did this to you?"I demand."I'll hex them-I swear."

"R-Ron,"Hermione replies, hiccuping."He's going out with Lavender, and he made fun of me in Transfuguration. And Lavender and Parvati laughed at her."

I storm out of the bathroom, followed by Luna and Hermione.

"Marmar,"Hermione says weakly,"Don't!"

I don't listen. I bolt after Ron and Harry, who were near the Gryffindor Tower.

"Hey Marmar!"Harry says, grinning,"Congrats on being cap-hey, what's wrong?"

I point my wand at Ron, cornering him to a wall."How could you be so heartless?! How could you mock Hermione? How could you cheat on her with Lavender?"

"Marmar,"Harry says infirmly."He's just-"

"Harry, stay out of this!"I snap.

Suddenly Lavender comes."Won-won, what's all this?"

"What's all this?!"I say maddeningly,"How could you be so evil to Hermione? You're-you're worse than Umbridge!"

"How dare you insult me, Yang!"Lavender screams."How dare you insult Ron!" Gryffindors started coming out of their common room to stare at us.

"Agrestus!"I say, pointing my wand to her. She screams, and turns into a fat cow. Dean, Harry, Seamus, Ginny, Luna, and a bunch of other Gryffindors roar with laughter. Hermione stopped crying and her mouth twitched.

"What have you done?!"Ron says, trying to turn Lavender back into a human."Turn her back into herself!"

"I'll do it when hell freezes over,"I reply shortly."And you need to shut up and be nice to Hermione or else I'll hex you too."

He points his wand at me. Harry puts himself in between us, but Ron pushes him out of the way. "Stupefy!"he cries. I dodge the spell. It hits a desk behind me, and I look at it and raise my eyebrows, as if to say,'Did you really aim at me or nah?'

"Aures Radiculae!"I say. My spell hits him, and radishes start falling out of his ears. This earns another loud roar of laughter from the crowd, even Harry.

"You feeling better?"I ask Hermione.

"Definitely,"she says, smiling watery."Thank you. You too, Luna. I don't know what I would do without you two."

"Tell me if anyone's bothering you,"I say. Luna and I walk together to the Ravenclaw Tower.