The First Task

Cho, Marietta, Luna, Elizabeth, Catherine, and I sit down at our seats, ready to watch the contestants execute the first task.

Fleur and Krum do theirs first, not that I cared much about them.

Finally, Cedric's turn came. He battled the dragon, who ruthlessly tried to kill him. Cho, who was near to tears, was yelling,"COME ON, CED. YOU CAN DO IT!"

Cedric dodges a few flames, and takes the egg, faster then Krum and Fleur.

Harry's turn was now.

He came out, and was greeted by a terrifying dragon, which looked the most intimidating out of all four of them.

"Accio Firebolt!"he yells.

Brilliant.

Harry's broom comes soaring toward him, and he catches it and rides away.

The dragon pursues him, trying to kill him every second. Harry flies back to the stadium, and snatches the golden egg.

***

Back in the Ravenclaw common room, we talked excitedly about how awe inspiring Cedric was.

I stand up to get my butterbeer, which Michael had piled up in the common room.

As I start to grab my drink, someone's hand bumps into mine.

Darius.

My hand retreats almost instantly, and Darius says,"Oh, Margaret! I didn't realize it was you. Sorry for erm, my hand getting into your way."

"It's okay,"I say, and glance behind me. Cho, Luna, Padma, Marietta, Catherine, and Elizabeth were grinning at me encouragingly and making heart symbols with their hands.

I can't help to notice that Darius' hair was a little messy, and our height difference was incredible. He also had lip marks on his cheek, which I knew was from the scumbag Marilize. Speaking of her, she interrupts us.

"Darius!"squeals a voice. Marilize. Her pretty blonde hair was in a ponytail, and she still managed to look beautiful, and sound bossy and mean. Why did she have to get in my way?"Darius, why are you talking to Margaret?"

"Oh,"he replies airily,"We were just having a chat. Why?"

"Because you're not allowed near any other girls, especially girls that are my enemy,"she growls.

"Margaret isn't my enemy,"Darius says quietly,"And I thought I was your boyfriend, not your slave."

I stifle a laugh with a hasty cough. Marilize gives me a nasty look.

"You are my boyfriend,"she says sweetly,"And I'll be waiting at the girls dormitory. Finish up your lovely chat with..Margaret."

I quickly grab my butterbeer, and start back.

Darius reaches out and takes hold of my arm. I feel the warmth of his hand on my bare arm, and also feel extremely glad that I let Marietta shave me."Hey. I'm really sorry about Marilize. She isn't very understanding to people she isn't friends with,"he explains tersely.

"It's totally fine,"I reply."I think she's waiting for you upstairs. See you sometime!"

I smile at him, and skip happily back to my friends, who are squealing in excitement.