Round One

No one's Pov

After getting some much-needed food into them they all returned to the viewing area so that they could continue to watch the future. 

Opens with a view of the golden sun in an orange sky over the tall grass and autumn trees. In front of Summer's Gravestone is a young girl with a cloak billowing petals in the breeze.

Summer sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of her grave before she burrowed herself into her cloak as if to hide from the future while Qrow and Tai just glared at the screen as if that would change the future.

Hands clasped and hood up, Ruby Rose stands over the white stone memorial.

Ruby: (lowering her hood, smiling sadly downward) Hey, mom. (looks down at the inscription: "Summer Rose – Thus Kindly I Scatter") Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! 

Tai glanced around but didn't actually see himself so he pouted ever so slightly. 

He's, uh, you know... Dad. (shrugs) He's still teaching at Signal. 

"Everyone became teachers, what the hell" Qrow muttered to himself much to the amusement of the others. 

But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. 

Summer and Tai shared a sad look at this. 

(looks forlornly) I miss you too. (pause) Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... 

A few people snickered at this. 

That was a joke. 

Their snickers turn to full-blown laughter. 

She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! 

Tai smiled softly at this. 

Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. 

The laughter returned. 

Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. 

Qrow snorted at this. 

Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! 

Summer smiled softly at this. 

I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. 

Qrow tilted his head to the side in surprise while the others glanced at him curiously. 

(A bark alerts her to the ever-adorable Zwei and the sight of her father, Taiyang Xiao Long, in the trees behind her) 

Tai instantly perked up when he saw himself. 

Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! (She puts the hood back on and starts to walk away, but turns and delivers one final message to her mother:) It was good to talk.

Summer let out a sad sigh as she wiped a few tears from her eyes. 

With that said, Ruby jogs back to her family as a group of crows fly into the sun to make a very familiar sight.