Chapter 37

Song: You Make Me Happy by Lindsey Ray (gif on the side is what James looks like by the way and yes he's very good looking:))

After a long goodbye with Harry, I finally made it back to the dorms just in time for Lace to attack me with hugs.

"I missed you so much!" She squeals into my neck.

"You too." I say emotionlessly. She pulls me back and looks at me up and down, as if I have actually changed physically in less than a week.

"You look so...bright!" she smiles.

"Bright?" I question, looking at her with the most confused expression on my face. Bright? How do I look bright? 

"Yeah you just look happy and glowing! Your skin is vibrant!" She exclaims and I laugh at her excitedness towards my 'vibrant' skin.

I smile genuinely and think of the great week I had with Harry," I am happy."

"Well what ever it is that is making you so glowy looking keep doing it! And maybe give me some too!" She laughs and I join along with her, laughing mostly about the part where she doesn't know my secret weapon for this happiness: Harry.

"So on the phone earlier? It sounded urgent, whats up?" I change the subject and watch as her smile turns into a slight frown.

"Oh..yeah." she smiles fakely and turns around to face her bed. She sighs and sits down on the bed, patting the spot next to her for me to join her.

"Lace, what's going wrong? Are you okay?" I say now letting my nerves getting the best of me. 

"It's about Max" she says looking down at her feet. 

"What about him?" I swallow.

"Max asked me to The Annual Fraternity Ball." she says shortly.

"That's good, isn't it?" I say remembering how seriously excited she was about this ball and how it is for society. Maybe Max will finally settle down with her and stop making a fool of himself with other girls.

"It is. It's really good, infact me and Max are officially official and this ball will make people see us together as a couple for the first time."  I roll my eyes at this ridiculous fraternity ball society shit that makes absolutely no sense to me. This is college, not some royal ball that introduces you to society. Right now I'm so relieved that I'm not in a sorority and Harry's not in a fraternity, we wouldn't fit in there anyways.

"So what's wrong?" 

"Well he's been very touchy with me and he said after the ball we are gonna have sex." She sighs.

"Oh." I look at her and she turns away in embarassment, "No one can tell you you're ready unless it's you. If you're not ready, that's okay." 

"I know, I'm just nervous he might break up with me or something if we don't do it" she frowns.

"Well then your better off without him. He's a douche if he breaks up with you for not having sex. You can find someone better, someone who isn't such a prick." I say, secretly enouraging her to break up with him now before he does anything to hurt her like I know he will.

"Okay he's still my boyfriend." She laughs.

"I'm just saying there are alot of nice and good looking guys out there. You just have to wait for them to come around." 

"Okay, Charlie. Thanks." She smiles, obviously wanting to end this conversation. She picks up her phone to scroll through whatever social media network she's on while I attempt to unpack my bag.