Chapter 10

Harry stays silent as he gets into my car.  He is definitely pissed as he slams my car door and buckles his seatbelt.

"So what happened?" I ask switching between looking at the road and his almost red face.

"The fucking engine blew out." his use of language makes me laugh.

"Did you call for someone? Can they fix it?" I eye him out of corner of my eye.

"Yeah they can fix it. It's just going to cost a shit load of money. I don't care how much money I have to pay that's my fucking car." He really does love his car if he's willing to pay alot of money to fix it. If it was me I would probably ditch my car and use the money I would have payed on the engine to buy a new car.

"What kind of car is it?" I say turning on a street.

"Turn right  here" he says immediately after I turn.  We are going the opposite way of the University but I dont question him as I  listen to his next instructions.

"It's  a 1989 convertible mercedes." he sighs and gives me further instructions to our mystery place.

"Vintage." I say. "Where are we going by the way? The university is back that way." 

"My house." he says and crosses his legs.

"Oh I didn't know you lived around here?"

"Yeah" is all he says as we pull into an nice two story house with a long driveway.

I pull all the way up and turn the car off. 

"Thank you for the ride." He says exiting the car and walking toward the front door.

I start to turn on my car but stop once I see Harry knocking on my window.

"Do you want to come inside?" He asks.

"Sure " i say surprised. It's weird that he invited me inside but I agree to be friendly. I have to admit I am happy he invited me inside, it delays me from going back the the dorm to face Lace. I still haven't thought about what I am going to say to her about the whole Max situation but she needs to know quickly what kind of guy she's dealing with.

Once I agree, he opens my door and closes it once I am standing away from the car. I thank him for his simple gesture and he shrugs like it's nothing. He jogs ahead of me and unlocks the front door. I look around his house and see everything is neat and clean. He has a couple family pictures on the wall and he eyes me looking at them.

"This is one of my parents's houses. They are always traveling so they have houses in different places." He says leaning against the creme colored wall.

"It must be nice having the house to yourself." I say and eye his picture once more. His mom is beautiful and hardly looks like she had two kids. His sister is gorgeous and looks a couple years older than Harry in this picture. I laugh at how little Harry looks and walk to view the rest of the house.

"Yeah I guess so." he sadly says and scratches the back of his neck. Having a whole house to himself seems fun at first but I can tell that Harry is tired of it.

"I'm sorry" I blurt out. I didn't actually mean to say it but I couldn't stop it once it was on my mind.

"For what?" he walks into the kitchen and pulls out two cups from the cupboard. He motions if I want anything particular and I shrug and say water is just fine. I dont know what to say to him. I feel bad that he's always alone here but I don't want to say that to him. He notices that I'm struggling on my words and continues on.

"You're sorry that my parents are never around?" I nod and look down at the cup of water in front of me.

"Yeah me too." He says taking a sip from his cup.

Burn // h.sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें