I Am Darkness

"STOP!" i finally heard Percy scream. I didn't know how it happened but here i was about to walk off the very edge of Tartarus into the darkness.

"It's gone." i say sharply as if breaking free from a trance i step back several feet and began breathing heavily clutching my chest my eyes wandering around wild and scared searching for the source of the voice.

"There was no voice though." Hazel protests.

"You guys couldn't hear him." i questioned.

Violet. I looked up and back out towards the darkness.

"There." I say slowly moving back towards the abyss.

"There's nothing out there! If you step out you'll.." Nico stops shouting at me and i look down. I'm past the ledge just out of reach of Percy's outstretched arm.

"You're standing on it." Jason breathes out.

"There's something here." i say jumping up and down on the dark nothingness.

"No, no, no, no, no. Don't!" Percy tells me like just by jumping on it i might fall through.

"Come here. Come see." i tell him stretching out my hand for him.

It is just the girl. The voice booms.

"I heard that one." Hazel says slowly glancing about.

"Wait you heard that?" i demand. Everyone nods looking around for a source.

Don't bother looking for a physical form. I am everywhere. I am the darkness. I stare back out in front of me and step out further.

"Violet! Just walk back." Nico shouts at me.

"I don't want to. I mean, I want too but i can't." i tell him cocking my head and continuing to stare at in front of me. That's when i spot the black wisps of smoke rising from the ground. Gasping i turn and run. Stumbling back onto solid ground with Percy clutching my arms to stop me from falling.

"What! What is it?" he demands trying to get me to look at him but I continue to stare at the smoke.

"My dream." i murmur.

"Your dream?" Percy repeats as i question. I glance over at Nico.

"Something happens. Y-you guys get knocked out or die a-and I.. I give up. I give in." i mumble continuing to stare at Nico before staring up at Percy.

Yes, the little one will give her life, for yours. Thalia growls.

"We'll see about that!" she shouts pulling out her sword. Before it's even halfway out of her scabbard she slumps to the floor and this white vapor like smoke begins emanating from her body.

"Thalia!" Jason shouts dropping down next to her sister.

Her will is strong, but mine is stronger. There's a deep throaty laughter.

"What are you doing!" i cry out staring at Thalia wide eyed.

Destroying her essence. It's an easy feat really. She is not dying nor dead she will simply cease to exist.

"Stop it! Stop it!" i scream out before running towards her and dropping to my knees. I pull my sword from my scabbard and press it against her side.

You and your petty sword. The power isn't in it. It's in you and you are inferior. I stand up and swivel around.

"What do you mean? In me? How can it be in me?" i demand pointing at myself. Tartarus chuckles.

She still doesn't know. She still can't see it!