I Walk from New York to California

"That's the arena over there if you don't already know and beyond that is the armory. Then the stables for the Pegasus." Jason said looking back at me I nod. I think we'r heading in the same direction Percy took to go find Annabeth but Jason branches off from that direction and begins walking to the left heading toward this shimmering gate that I assume is in the middle of the camp. I'm confused on what it is and decide to ask.

"So Percy said we could walk to Camp Jupiter from her even though it's in California.. So are we talking about some mystical portal?" I ask catching up to Jason keeping in step with his long strides.

"Yeah. You're right. It's up ahead." He said pointing toward the gate. Knew it. I can see it better now. It's made of two tall columns with ivy growing in around it.

"How did you guys make it?" I ask confused. I mean yeah gods, plural, from Ancient Greek and Rome that's cool and all these kids have powers but something like this? There has to be something more to it.

"We didn't make it. Just came up with the idea for it. Our two camps joined after our last great battle with well the Earth. I'm not going to say her name because. Well.." Jason doesn't finish but I know exactly who he's talking about.

"I know who you're talking about." I tell him Jason nods.

"Anyways after the fighting was over we tried not come up with a way to join the two camps. We wanted them to come down to California and they wanted us to come up here. Neither side liked the idea." Jason explained. I nodded. Makes sense. I wouldn't want to leave this place and if New Rome is as beautiful as I've heard then why would they want to leave either. "Well everyone argued we weren't moving anywhere. So Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Piper, Reyna and I all came up with the idea of a gateway, it would connect both camps and we could all pass through it any time we wanted too." Jason explained. We were close to the gate now but I wanted to hear the rest of the story before we stepped through. "We made a gate on both sides. Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood. We coordinated it so they would both be in the very center of the camps and then we just prayed to the gods for help." Jason said with a shrug.

"And it worked?" I said a bit astonished.

"See for yourself." Jason said gesturing toward the gate. I looked and my jaw dropped. It was. Beautiful. Rolling hills and off in the distance what looked like rooms where people lived. I walked around the whole gate to the other side and saw something different this time I was looking at New Rome. A giant stately looking house off in the distance and what looked to be housing. Jason had followed me so I turned to him in amazement.

"This is! Oh my gosh!" I said looking back at the image. Jason laughed.

"Yeah. Come on. I'll show you around. If you're Roman you'll live here." Jason said stepping through. I followed after him and looked back to see the lake and forest in the distance of Camp Half-Blood. Jason and I began walking toward New Rome.

"This is... Great! Are we really in California?" I asked sounding stupid even to myself. "Sorry. Dumb question." Jason smiled slightly.

"No. It's not dumb. We couldn't believe it at first either." Jason said holding his hands behind his back as we walked.

"So how long have you been here." i ask trying to make conversation.

"My whole life actually." Jason said running a hand through his golden locks.

"Really? what about a mother?" i ask carefully. I don't want to step on any toes. Some people get very angry or upset when you mention the death of a parent. Jason shrugged.

"I guess I'm sort of like you. I never knew my mother. Thalia said when i was young, really young, they just took me away. I don't remember any of it." Jason replies.