Poseidon's Children Drown

When i broke the surface of the water i called out to Percy as loud as i could underwater. "PERCY!" i screamed bubbles bursting above my head. Nothing. I pushed out using the current to help me and shot out towards the spot we had been before. PERCY! i screamed in my mind.

Join me Violet. Drown with me. A hand shot up and grabbed hold of my wrist. I screamed underwater which sounded a little weird and was also something i shouldn't have done because i lost all the air in my lungs and i should have been able to breathe underwater but i couldn't. Percy was blue he was actually blue. Those sea green eyes of his turned pearly white. Misery and Pain. You've caused so much. I didn't know if it was him whispering in my mind or the river. Kicking up off the river floor i shot for the surface and attempted to bring Percy with me but he let go instead. I broke the surface and gasped for air. My friends. The hurricane. It was slowly falling back into the river.

With great concentration i sucked them back into the river and then tossed them back onto the shore opposite the House of Night. Thalia and Hazel were shaking the water out of their hair and stretched out toward their siblings i didn't get to see if they made it to them because mine pulled me back under. I felt his cold grip on my ankle and instantly felt useless and awful. He yanks me down as i breathe in deeply.

Percy! Stop! I cry out shoving his chest and watching him shoot back away from me. He was taking the air from my lungs just touching me. I didn't know he could do that.

You are a horrible sister. With that he shot a current of agony and woe at me that had me somersaulting backwards.

Stop it! It's the river! It's done something to you! i screamed in my head.

It has shown me the light. There is only pain. There is only misery. He growled tackling me and wrapping his hands around my throat and squeezing tightly.

Percy! i shouted as my airways were caught off and i started taking in water. I felt it slide down my throat and bathe my insides with turmoil and disgust. The river. Percy had swallowed too much of the water. He had tried to drown himself. With the concentration i had left in my under oxygenated brain I shot the water up and out around us in a circle. I kneed Percy in the stomach and kicked him to the side. He rolled on the dry waterbed and landed on his hands and knees. Shaking out his wet hair he shot me a glare. He was still pale blue and his eyes pure white. That's when he uncapped his pen.

"Arrgh!" he cried out lunging for me. I squeaked and would have been impaled if i didn't move at the absolute last second. Wasting no time i pulled out my sword and prepared for a fight with my own brother.

"Percy! It's the water!" i shouted at him. If i could just get close enough to pull it out from his system. I could do that right? I mean i could pull the water off my clothes so why not out of a person. He attacked again and i met him halfway our swords clanging.

"Violet!" someone shouted. I almost looked up at the ground above our heads but stopped myself when i remembered what Percy said about distractions. I shoved Percy back and we began to circle each other angrily as the water continued to spout up over our heads and lightly spray us with droplets. It was like standing in the middle of a sprinkler.

"He's taken in the water!" i shouted back in case they were wondering what was going on. Percy sliced and i blocked his approach kicking him in the chest. He stumbles back but is on me again in seconds. He moves quickly and it's a little hard to keep up. I haven't fought many people. Percy was right i needed more training.

"Jason isn't breathing!" Thalia screamed. I almost froze in place, but that would have given Percy the upper hand and now i needed to save him and Jason. With a loud grunt a stabbed at Percy who jumped to the side and i kicked his sword out of his hand and watched it fly into the river behind him. I slammed my hand over his mouth in his confusion and focused on all the pain and misery coming off of him in torrents. Slowly i backed my hand up pulling the water from Percy's lips and watched as the color came back to his face and his eyes changed from white to green.