Restless Dreaming

Wisps of black curling smoke rise from the ground below me. It almost looks like I'm walking on a minefield and at any moment, i know that I'm going to make a wrong move and kill myself. I step carefully, walking on only what i can assume is safe ground. Though somehow i know I'm not safe at all. The black smoke seems to have a mind of it's on. It begins to follow me around, watching every move i make. It almost seems to be nudging me in the wrong or maybe right direction. Then the dark tendrils begin to wrap themselves around my arms and legs. Like snakes slowly curling themselves around my body waiting to strike the final blow. Then a voice. One that drips with venom and echoes through my mind. This one. Will do.

"This one will do what?" i ask out meekly stopping my motions. I no longer want to push forward. I no longer want to go on but the smoke now has a voice too. It's whispering things in my ear. Telling me to 'keep going' and that I'm 'almost there'. "Almost where?" i ask aloud as i take another cautious step. "Stop!" i tell myself to no avail. I've lost control of my movements. "No! I don't want to go! I don't want to help!" i shout trying to free myself from the smokes grip, but it begins to choke me. the tendrils wrap around my throat chilling me to the bone. Then it begins to squeeze. "No." i cough out. Not like this. Not like this. What a sorry way to die. Getting choked by smoke.

Would you rather die more painfully? A booming voice asked. I wanted to say no. I wanted to scream out at the top of my lungs but i had no voice. I couldn't find my mouth and my tongue was numb. Lips immovable. Then flashes. Flashes of every horrible death one could imagine. Getting impaled. Ripped apart shred by shred. Burning alive. Drowning. I screamed and went under.

"Violet!" i gasp loudly and bolt up almost colliding with Percy, who jumps away from me. "Whoa whoa! Easy!" Percy says surprise in his eyes. I pull at the covers and touch my forehead with my other hand.

"What? Who.." i breathe out looking around. "Where am I?!" i shout confused.

"Violet calm down." Percy says motioning with his hands to lower the level of freaking out.

"What! What!" i called out looking around wildly.

"Geeze." Percy says running a hand through his hair. "You weren't kidding about those dreams." he said lowly dropping his hand to his side.

"What.. what did i do?" i asked slowly feeling myself relax.

"You were just shouting in your sleep and thrashing around." Percy said concern evident.

"What time is it?" i gasped out feeling like needing a drink of water.

"Uhh. It's pretty early. Like six thirty." Percy says glancing down at a watch on his wrist. I pant looking at my messed up sheets and push my hair out of my face that has stuck to it with sweat.

"I think i should take a shower." i say after my heart rate drops.

"Ok. they brought you some clothes." Percy says gesturing toward some freshly laid out Camp Half Blood shirts.

"Ok yeah. Thanks." i murmur sliding out of bed and running a hand through the tangled mess that is my hair.

"No problem." he replies getting out of my way as i hurriedly grab several items.

"I'll be back." i tell him as i glance over at Tyson's bed where he's still snoring away. Percy nods and opens the door for me as i head out. I head toward the bathrooms and find it empty. I pick a shower room and lock the door sighing with relief. My dream. What had it been about. I try to remember details as i strip off my clothing. Nothing. I'm getting nothing, but it was so awful. I could i forget? I grind my teeth and turn on the shower head but immediately jump away finding it too cold. "Shit." i mutter touching the steady stream of water flowing from the shower head, wishing it to grow warmer. Instantly the water gets warmer becoming the very temperature i was hopping it would be. What? I shrug it off and step under the water. It rushes over me. Through my hair, down my hands and pools around my feet.