Capture the Flag

He was right I didn't like it. The breastplate was bulky and the helmet made me look weird, that with an off balanced sword didn't make a good combination. "Percy I need a different sword." I whined as he patted my shoulder signaling that he was done strapping me up. He looked just as stupid as I did with the blue plumed helmet but the armor he was wearing was better fitted to him. Mine was meant for someone just a big larger.

"Well you tried all the other ones and you said this was the closest." He said pointing toward the sword at my side.

"Yeah but i don't know can't i make my own or have someone else make one. It's not.. right.." i said turning it over in my hand. It just had the wrong.. Feel.. I hated it but i needed a weapon.

"Not much we can do right now." Percy said with a shrug. I groaned as we exited our cabin.

"But Percyyy!" i whined which only made him laugh.

"Oh hey Nico." Percy said he turned and smiled at me mischievously. "I'll be over there." he said pointing off into the distance. Wait what? I didn't have time to ask him where he was going before he disappeared into the darkness. I closed the door and looked over at Nico who was leaning up against our Cabin wall one foot up on the wood of it, hand on his sword. He was wearing armor but not like what i was wearing. His was all black even his helmet.

"You look terrible." he commented.

"I can still beat the shit out of you." i warned which made him laugh. He pulled himself up off the wall and we began to head for the battlefield. "You know i think you're cheating. You don't even have your team color on you!" i said pointing at his helmet. He snapped his fingers and the black plume turned blue. "There you go. Team spirit." i smirked.

"Sure yeah whatever." i said with a roll of my eyes.

"Do you always snap your fingers and get what you want?" i asked. He snapped his fingers and i waited patiently for something to happen.

"Apparently not." he said.

"Wait what did you want." He smirks and doesn't reply.

"How am i cheating?" he asks a couple seconds later.

"Well you're dressed all in black and i don't know shut up." i grumble hitting his arm. He chuckles as we join the growing crowd of kids. We find our team and Nico and i make our way to the front next to Percy and Annabeth who smiles when she see's me but looks confused at the sight of Nico. Instead of asking she purses her lips and doesn't say a word. Mr. D and Chiron go over the rules of the game and then we begin to march off.

"So where are you hiding the flag?" i ask tripping over my armor slightly. Nico places a hand on my shoulder to keep me from falling and leaves it there. Maybe because he knows how big of a klutz i am or because he wants to keep it there.

"You and Nico don't have to worry about that. Just get here and back with their flag. Alright?" Percy says. I nod slowly understanding.

"I would still like to know though." Percy rolls his eyes at me.

"Are you up for the journey Nico?" Percy asks looking away from me to stare at him.

"I've got this. I've gotten better at it." he says coldly. Percy nods and walks ahead of us with Annabeth by his side.

"Do you and my brother hate each other?" i ask. Nico gives me a weird look.

"What makes you ask that?" he drops his hand from my shoulder and i just shrug. Once we're all situated in the woods the horn goes off and the campers race through the trees past us whooping and hollering. "Let's go." Nico says as i turn to face him.