O Death

"Clothing, money, drachmas, necessary hygiene products." Chiron lists off as we stand shoulder to shoulder on the porch of the front house. I stand in between Nico and Percy with Thalia on the other side of Percy next to Jason and Hazel on Nico's left.

"Yes. We have everything." Percy replies. Chiron glances at me as i shift nervously back and forth.

"You're in charge of this mission Violet." he reminds me for the thousandth time.

"Why do i have to be in charge. Can't someone else. someone who's been a quests before?" i ask again.

"You got the prophecy.." i cut him off.

"So i should automatically lead? I'm more of a follower type." i tell him.

"You should listen to girly. Let one of us do it. Hell, even let Nico do it. At least he has experience." Nico raises an eye brow at this.

"Thanks, i guess." he replies. I sigh and push my bangs back out of my eyes. I decided to tie back my dark hair today because i was to lazy to actually do anything else to it. "I really don't want to lead." i repeat glancing up at Chiron.

"You'll do just fine. Ask Percy how his first quest went sometime." i glance at my brother who shrugs sheepishly. I sigh in defeat. I don't know what else to say. I can't argue my way out of this. My only hope is that someone will take over once we begin. I can't lead a group of teenagers much less some as powerful as theses guys. "Let's go say goodbye then." Chiron says motioning us to head down the steps. We turn and tromp down the stairs, the chain on Nicos pants rattling loudly.

"How do you creep up on people so silently with that thing?" i ask as we hit the dirt.

"Lots of practice." i roll my eyes as we head towards the top of the hill. People wish us good luck and pat us on the back as we go. I know a lot of them are gossiping about who probably won't survive this trip and what it might all mean, the prophecy and what not. They're probably all betting on my minimal chances of survival.

Tyson, Piper, Leo, Frank, and Annabeth wait for us at the top of the hill. Annabeth begins to fix Percy's hair and straighten his backpack mumbling something to him that i can't hear. Piper looks like she might cry as she hugs Jason. He smooths her hair back and murmurs into her ear. "Sister will come back right?" i smile up at Tyson.

"Yeah im coming back! You can't get rid of me that quickly!" Tyson smiles and kneels down hugging me so tight i can't breathe.

"Hey Tyson you're chocking her." Tears are welling up in his eyes as he hugs Percy as well. Frank and Hazel are talking in hushed tones she looks to be comforting him and not the other way around. Leo is talking up Thalia who keeps rolling his eyes. The exchange is making even Nico smile.

"Hey.." Annabeth says quietly appearing in front of me. I glance at Percy who is still talking to Tyson. I give her a small smile.

"Hey." i reply.

"Take care of yourself and.. and.." she seems at a loss for words.

"Look after Percy?" she nods looking at the ground and twisting this cap between her fingers.

"I want you to look after something for me." she says suddenly pushing the cap into my hands. With a confused look i bring it up into my line of sight.

"A hat.. Thanks?" i say still confused. Annabeth rolls her eyes.

"It's more than just a hat it.." as she speaks i place the hat on my head. "Violet." Annabeth says looking around. She's looking at me but it's like she's seeing right through me.